1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone received a CA Green HOV Sticker yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by elmofongo, Mar 2, 2012.

1. elmofongo

elmofongo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just wondering if they actually exist!
    Or is it too early?

2. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Too early. I sent my application in this morning.

3. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Seeing as how only 2 cars qualify for the sticker and one of them (the modified chevy volt) hasn't even gotten to the dealers yet, i doubt anyone other than potentially some VIPs somewhere. But Tracksyde looks to be "on-track" to get the first one. You have to have title in your name and Lic. plates assigned before you can apply. After that I think it takes about 2 weeks if the process in Sacramento runs smoothly.

4. elmofongo

elmofongo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

What do you mean "Modified" Chevy Volt? I thought the volt qualifies for the sticker.

5. usdmattiphone

usdmattiphone Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    When you order the new 2012 Volt, you have to select this option: "Low Emissions Package (enhanced AT-PZEV emissions)" for it to qualify for the sticker. Only the new 2012s have the option for it. It's no additional cost from what i've seen, but the change they make to the catalytic might be exclusive to sales in California.

6. dgarnett

dgarnett New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    My Volt is on a carrier from Toledo Ohio right now, so I should take delivery next week. The above is correct, the "HOV enabled" Volt started production on 2/6, so any car ordered from that run had the option to add the California emissions package.

I'm happy to post impressions if you guys care. I really wanted the Prius, but my dealership didn't confirm the order until 36 hours after my online order making it a March BUILD car. :mad:

Instead of picking up the PiP in March, their mistake pushed me to Chevy

JMD likes this.
  7. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    It's way way too early for anyone to get their stickers.

8. pastafarian

pastafarian New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am getting my 2012 Prius Plugin in a couple of weeks. I would appreciate some info. about the process by which I can receive my green stickers.

Do I need to wait for my license plates to arrive? do I need to provide my easypass #?

I would like to be able to apply for the green stickers as soon as possible.

Thanks!

9. tarantoga

tarantoga Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    The dealer filled out the decal application and sent it together with the other DMV registration forms when I picked it up. You may want to ask them if they can do that - that's probably the fastest way to go.

10. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Did you include the $8 check or is the dealer covering the $8? Seems I heard some stories about when people were filling out the forms for yellow stickers and forgetting the checks.. but that was before my time (here)

1 person likes this.
  11. tarantoga

tarantoga Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    The dealer asked for a separate $8 check to be sent in.

12. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    One the one hand, I think this is a great way to get stickers as fast as possible, but on the other hand, I'm nervous as hell that the dealer will F@#$ it up somehow, and it'll be weeks before I know anything's wrong, and I'll have to re-file and wait all over again. I can see them forgetting, not caring, making some other mistake... and all the while, I'll be losing time.

Last time I think I just hounded the DMV person at the AAA office until the day it appeared in their system and I got my license plate number for the application.

So what do you all think I can do to help ensure my dealer does the right things? Do I need to give them anything besides the application (completed/signed, minus the license plate number) and the check?

13. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    which dealer are you using? I think it may depend on the dealers knowledge of the process and willingness to do this. Putnam/Andrey sounds like they know what they are doing, but i will follow-up with him as well.

14. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Am I correct to say that Putnam/Andrey is willing to file the green sticker application when you picked up the car?

15. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Yes he did. He said that their DMV person could file the application as soon as the plates were assigned. He doesn't seem to have the magic process that Dianne has so he said about 10 days.

16. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I wonder if the dealer will get that form returned. It clearly says you need permanent plates BEFORE applying for the stickers. And I think it goes to a special address in Sacramento, probably not where registrations are processed. It does seem like you should be able to do it all at once, but this IS the DMV we're dealing with.......:rolleyes:

17. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    By "permanent plates" I know they just mean plates formally assigned to the car (vs. a dealer plate or the temporary registration. That said you will likely get those physical plates before the stickers anyway since DMV takes about 2-3 weeks on the stickers and plates often come faster than that.

Ely105: Do you think the dealer can actually "process" the form with the DMV for stickers or do they just have to mail it in to the Sacramento address with the completed form and the check (in which case I think I may bring a stamped envelope with me when I pick up my car). I remember that DMV told me they can't process it in person or through AAA...had to be mailed to that location...

I hope to get the car tonight actually -- through Geweke Toyota in Lodi, ironically right near Sacramento. I have absolutely no reason to believe they can't do something to help with the sticker processing - haven't asked yet - but in general I just don't want any risks of further delays.... so just trying to figure out the best strategy.

18. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    calbear: You are right, the dealer is just going to mail the application and $8 to the DMV address listed on the form. They said that their DMV person inhouse has some access (maybe similar to AAA) to see when plates get assigned and can submit the form once that happens - he estimated 10 days. I don't know if all dealers have this form of access or if they just mail in their new car registration docs to DMV. Worst case if I see the registration show up with license plate number on it, which it should, then i'll make sure it's mailed by then. Again, the DMV website says you need license plates assigned, it doesn't say you need them in your posession.

-Mark

19. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We bought the car last Thursday evening, and my dealer just handed the actual plates to my wife (Monday morning). Apparently, large dealers can act as authorized agents for the DMV and process the application themselves on the DMV's behalf. My application for the green stickers will be going out in the mail tomorrow.

The CVRP rebate form with the required documentation just went out by certified mail today, so we'll see how that progresses.

20. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks. I just picked up the car and he did the same for me.

Very positive experience with Putnam Toyota. In-and-out in 1 hr 20 minutes. Did not even try to sell me extended warranty or service contract. They accepted the Penfed preapproved draft without any issues.