1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone received a CA Green HOV Sticker yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by elmofongo, Mar 2, 2012.

1. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Roger, I saw this on the other thread first. Thanks for sharing your experience! (Longer reply at other thread.) and sorry for repetitive thread post. I also think the CHP 'knows' the look of cars that belong in the HOV lane. and the decals don't jump out at them like DMV regulations call for their display, I think it would only take a second for them to spot the decal under spoiler on right rear or on the silver painted strip in the middle right side of the front bumper. I like your idea of just displaying the two small ones, especially since you have not had any issues. How long and how much HOV driving do you do? We do not even have an HOV lane where my my wife commutes, so for now we would only run across one occasionally. I have no problem risking a pull over to test this decal placement. Worst case, I would think would either be a warning or a fix it ticket.

2. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't drive in the HOV lanes daily, but do it often enough, and for long enough distances, that I have had plenty of CHP officers either parked and watching or passing (usually on a bike) see my car and apparently have not seen a need to contact me about the placement of stickers. BTW, the small sticker in the front goes on the LEFT side, not the right as you mentioned in your post. I'm guessing it is there so that an officer parked on the inside shoulder can see it easily as you approach. I've seen them do that a lot.

davekro likes this.
  3. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Roger I appreciate your sharing your experience!
    Dave

4. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure why you're saying there are no carpool lanes.
    On the evening commute, she can use the carpool lane on 580 east. Also, on both commutes, she can use the carpool lane on 680 between Acosta Blvd and Bollinger. A carpool lane on 580 west along the same segment is supposed to open next year.
    Keep in mind that you can also use the ExpressLanes on 680 south and 880/237 connectors. Just be sure to put your FasTrak reader into the silver bag to prevent it from being read.

5. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I hadn't payed that close attention to HOV lanes and my wife didn't recall them so thanks for the corrected info. Thanks for the heads up on putting the fast track in the foil bag. Now I need to find that foil bag (or just use tinfoil for now )

6. Prius Five Guy

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Leased on 10/29 received HOV tags (green) directly from dealer on 11/3

7. Psalms91

Psalms91 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Im new to everything hybrid. Just got mine 6days ago. Whats HOV sticker and what does it benefit u? Thanks.

Jesus Saves

8. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Do you live in CA? If not, it's nothing you'd be interested in. If you do, it allows you to drive in the HOV lanes as a single occupant.

9. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Several other states besides California have similar programs, including I believe, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Tennessee. There may be others, and some of those I listed may have reached quotas or otherwise eliminated access. OP needs to check rules for his own state, obviously.:p

lensovet likes this.
  10. vajratlr

vajratlr Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

where did you lease your PiP from? And if you don't mind me asking, what lease deal did you get?
    I got mine from West Covina Nissan and I have to do the application myself but I'm still waiting for the plate and can't do anything before then.

11. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    As the question was posed in the CA Green HOV thread, you'd have to imagine that's what he/she was referring to though as it was vague in nature, you certainly make a good point. NJ has no stickers. MD does. VA doesn't. But the safest way is like you said, check locally.

12. Psalms91

Psalms91 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Awesome! Thanks!

Jesus Saves

13. vajratlr

vajratlr Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

quick question, did you just mail in the application form and the $8 check? Did you need to mail in purchase/lease contract?

14. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am just getting ready to mail my Applic. in. You need to send with Applic. and $8:
    - Copy of temporary registration (that dealer stuck to your windshield)
    - Copy of sales contract
    - Copy of DMV reg for any of your other cars THAT HAS YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS ON IT, -OR- cpoies of your last 3 months utility bills (obviously with your current address on it. (This is proof of CA residency portion)
    - Mail Certified Mail -OR - Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation.
    (This from the CVRP website)

The above is for the CA $1,500 rebate application NOT for HOV stickers. Sorry for the confusion.

15. Prius Five Guy

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Leased a base model Plug in $445/mo. (includes tax), 20k miles / yr for 36 months. I owed $25k on another Prius which dealer bought from and incorporated into my lease.

Actually got my green decals....and don't even have lic. plate yet

16. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Are you talking about the $1500 CVRP rebate, or the HOV decal application? I remember sending in all that stuff for the CVRP rebate, but as I recall, I just sent to the DMV the DMV form (both pages) and the $8 for the decals:

Clean Air Vehicle (CAV) Decals - High Occupancy Vehicle HOV Lane Usage

davekro likes this.
  17. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Charles is absolutely correct- all that other stuff is required for the rebate, not the HOV stickers.

18. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Virginia uses special license plates instead of stickers (I missed that) and at least at one time New Jersey had stickers. As I said in my post, quotas may have been reached or access otherwise eliminated. I just pulled up what info was readily available in a general search, since the poster doesn't indicate a state of residence. And what's a model two?:confused:

lensovet likes this.
  19. vajratlr

vajratlr Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

I was referring to the HOV sticker. The $1500 I already applied but still waiting for it. Thanks!

20. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes Charles, you are right. I was mixing up the CA rebate info (which I am doing right now), with the stickers process! Sorry for the confusion.