1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone received a CA Green HOV Sticker yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by elmofongo, Mar 2, 2012.

1. srl99

srl99 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Your dealer should be able to get you the plate number in a couple of days. I've actually gotten the actual plates in a couple of days.

2. wowMPG

wowMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

3. wowMPG

wowMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I agree, I think you'll be OK. I purchased in the middle of February and I'm still waiting for my dealership to process the registration to the dmv do that I can get my plates number for the application. Hopefully it's done this week.

4. Ploni

Ploni New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  5. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    28,739 were issued as of 12/31/13, and as of February 28, 2014, 33,637 "green" stickers have been issued. That's about 2450 a month. It seems like at this rate they will be gone by mid May, although if sales pick up it wouldn't surprise me to see lucky number 40,000 issued in April.

6. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Since there was a #00000, the last one would be #39999. Unless they don't count replacements, which would allow the number to get higher.

PriusC_Commuter likes this.
  7. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The last green sticker will be > 39999 because if you get a replacement sticker (e.g. sticker lost / bumper damaged, etc.), you get a new number.

8. dilbertzone

dilbertzone New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I purchased a prius plugin from a dealer here in Nor Cal two months ago in early January. Still no HOV sticker, even though I sent it in as soon as I got my license plate number from the DMV 2 1/2 weeks after I purchased my car (even before I had the physical plates). Four weeks after I had sent in the HOV application form I received a letter from the DMV stating that the dealer incorrectly listed my plug-in as G for gas, not as Q for a plug-in hybrid. I was furious. o_O Now I have to wait three or four more weeks for the sticker, so that will make my wait close to 3 months! Had I known that I would have to wait three months for a HOV sticker I would have driven to So Cal and purchased a plug-in with green sticker already assigned to it. It`s not worth the risk of the dealer messing up and missing out on the sticker as we get closer to the maximum number of stickers issued, so I thought I would share.

SAronian likes this.
  9. srl99

srl99 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If your dealer orders the HOV stickers through their DMV online system, they should get them in 2 weeks. [They don't need the plate number.] You might have them do this as a backup to your application.

10. wowMPG

wowMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm just curious. .. Does anyone know how long it should take a dealership to get your license plate number to you by use of their online DMV access? Mine took a week and a half and conveniently provided it within ten minutes when I spoke to the right person.

11. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Update: mine finally arrived. Took exactly 2 months from date approved to arrive, which was about a week under three months from purchase date. It does look like the funding for the CA Rebate is getting low too, I wonder if that one will be gone within the next couple months as well.

12. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It depends on the dealer. Some dealers have "DMV services" on-site and can provide plates almost immediately. I got my car from Carson Toyota and the plates were available the next day.

Recently, a co-worker bought a Corolla from Longo Toyota (a very large Toyota dealer is So Cal) and the dealer sent an email letting him know they were sending his plates to him about a week after he picked up the car.

13. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    One week after purchase, I received an email with tracking number from DMVDesk saying my license plates were shipped. It took another 4 business days before the plates arrived.

14. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Picked up stickers from dealership today. 345xx, with an issue date 2/28.
    These were submitted by the dealership, and according to the dealership, the submission date was 1/24.

15. wowMPG

wowMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    ?
    The website just was updated and says they have issued 33637 as of 2.28.14. What would cause the discrepancy

16. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I noticed that too. Perhaps there are approximately 900 re-issued stickers.

PS. 900 is about 2.6% of the total so far, so it is probably not too far out of line.

17. srl99

srl99 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Probably they get it immediately. I got mine within 10 minutes of calling the DMV person at my dealer, two days after purchase. [Purchase Sunday, DMV person off Monday, got a FAX of the registration w plate numbers on Wed, got the plates in the mail Fri.] The mistake I made was to apply for the carpool stickers myself, the dealer gets them w/in two weeks of their online order.

18. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am beginning to wonder about this. In my case, my dealer said they submitted the application on 1/24 (before I bought the car). Yet, the stickers were only issued on 2/28, and I received them from the dealership on 3/5.

19. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK thanks...that's the number I was looking for 28,739.
    We can use this Green Sticker number in combination with CNCDA.org data (36715 plug-ins sold).
    • This suggests 78% of CA PHEV have the green stickers as of 12/31/2013.
    • Presumably there is some delay in getting green stickers, so perhaps the number bumps closer to 80+% accounting for December green stickers handed out in Jan_2014

20. jeffws

jeffws Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Picked up my stickers today:) #36,244

Thanks Dianne at Carson Toyota!!!!

rogerv and PriusC_Commuter like this.