1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone received a CA Green HOV Sticker yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by elmofongo, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Whoa.. now THAT'S a collectors item.. I didnt think you could have #000000.. but hey, that's the DMV

2. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Did everyone who got their license plate numbers for the application quickly pay by cash? My dealer hasn't processed my registration yet (I picked up the car on 3/6, ARGH!!!!!!) because they insist they need the credit union to confirm the loan first (I don't think I heard "fund the loan," but that could be even worse!)

Either way, is this inconsistent with how other dealerships are doing this? Or did you all pay cash or get the financing from the dealership itself?

I'm really frustrated, though I don't think there's anything I can do about it... Worse yet, I fear any consequences of complaining any more. I really, really need these stickers, so this sucks.

Thoughts?

3. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Your dealership only has a small part of the control of the plates. YOu do not understand that obtaining plates also means telling DMV where to send that title. Meaning, if the dealership isn't funded and 110% certain of where that title is going to be sent, you get NO plates. PERIOD.
    This is absolutely consistent with how things are done.
    They need to be FUNDED. I can't get plates just because you tell me you're going to use a CU. I need to see CU funding IN MY BANK period. Or, no plates.

Question is, did you want to have the financing YOUR way or did you want faster plates? In most all cases with my clientele, our rates were not that different anyway. But when they were for whatever reason, I never got grief about plates. I hope you're not giving them grief about this now... because it's not their fault. Not based on what I am reading here.

4. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for your insight! I'll spare the details here, but in short, I did go through the CUDL program at the dealer, and though we had an initial snafu with the first lender (not credit related), the second pre-approved my loan last week. I have a rather high credit score, which along with the pre-approval, I would figure is safe enough, but I understand...

On a side note, even if the loan hadn't funded yet, wouldn't the title still have the lien on it anyway? And since they're running the paperwork themselves with the lender through CUDL, they know which bank to put on the lien...

Either way, though I've been frustrated seeing all the pretty green stickers showing up for others, at this point I just have to sit on my hands and wait... And try not to throw rocks at you all as I sit in traffic watching you zip by. (just kidding!) :)

5. UCBRUINS

UCBRUINS Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I sent mine a day before you and they still haven't cashed my check. I'm getting paranoid and thinking of sending another application with FEDEX! :(

6. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Same thought here... Even though I gave the dealer an almost-completed form, $8 check and stamped envelope, I may just send another one. Worst case they reject whichever one gets there second, right?

Don't know about Fedex though. I thought I remember back in '06 that first class was advised due to how a fedex would be handled/routed... might add a delay. Within CA, I bet first class is overnight from most locations anyway.

1 person likes this.
  7. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I didn't know Fedex would permit a PO Box address.

8. wke555

wke555 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Whoa congrats to LurkAzusa and TrackSyde those are awesome decal numbers. I received mine on Thursday I think but we didn't open the mail til Sunday and I was so excited. Thanks to Dianne so processing it out so fast even though we used external financing!

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  9. UCBRUINS

UCBRUINS Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Check finally cleared today. Now another 10 days??

10. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    FedEx seems to know where the DMV lives, even though a PO Box - I went to the big Fed Ex World Center way down on Sunflower in Costa Mesa- almost to the 405- they are open until 8pm and they said it was ok. It was confirmed arrival by 10:30 the next day (always nice to have that confirmation!).

And thanks to Dianne for making it all happen very soon!!!

Waiting for that mail... check cashed Friday...

11. wke555

wke555 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A

Around there but could be less - I sent mine out on Mar 8th and it arrived exactly the following Thursday.

1 person likes this.
  12. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Someone mentioned the sticker apps being handled in batches. That might explain how some have arrived within a week and others taking much longer.

13. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, a happy update. My plate's been assigned and the application is going out tomorrow. DMV will have it Thursday... and hopefully I'm on that next Thursday schedule!!! :) Fingers crossed.

14. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You beat the Volt owners with low emission package. Considering Prius PHV has to be shipped from Japan, that's pretty amazing. :D

15. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So far, 0, 1, 5, 9 went to Prius PHV.

16. mcg

mcg New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    My check cleared today. Took 9 days. Hopefully, we will get the stickers next week.

17. UCBRUINS

UCBRUINS Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Got my sticker today in the mail! I'm applying Zaino on Sat and don't want to apply the sticker until I'm done with the wax. Next two days in traffic is going to suck.

18. badboy99

badboy99 Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Put the stickers in the window! Problem solved!

19. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    You're kidding right? Though I've seen people get away with really bad sticker placement (three across the back for example) I would be concerned that with the program just starting that CHP would be attuned to whether a car has stickers and how they're placed.

Every now and then on 680 for example I see very aggressive HOV enforcement by CHP. They might like to make another $500 for the cash-strapped state by nabbing mis-placed stickers.

I got pulled over in that fastrak lane once when my transponder failed to be read, and the first thing the cop said was, "you know those yellow stickers are expired, right?" Of course I knew that.... He verified my fastrak was valid and let me go. But they were really attuned to the sticker thing...

20. badboy99

badboy99 Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm serious. Tape them visibly all over your windows. No Problems