1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone received a CA Green HOV Sticker yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by elmofongo, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Squirt

Squirt Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Recommend reading the last few pages of this thread.

PriusC_Commuter likes this.
  2. LA2014Prius

LA2014Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I did, I guess mine will be part of the 15,000... There r lots of reading about extending more stickers... About not giving out stickers till Jan, 2015... Well, I guess I will wait until I have mine in my hands then it will be for sure...

#1222 LA2014Prius, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  3. PriusVala

PriusVala Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I applied on may 5th and missed first batch of 40,000 stickers. DMV cashed my check on June 19th, but till date o didn't get the stickers. As per DMV, stickers were mailed no later than June 19th. Is it normal to take this long for the stickers to arrive?

4. LA2014Prius

LA2014Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I mail a few days after your May 5th.. DMV cashed mine June 27, I am still waiting also...

5. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  6. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    To give people an idea of timeline for sticker arrival nowadays (mine was for White Sticker, not green, but should take about the same amount of time):
    12/23: Car purchased
    1/9: Plate Number assigned and application mailed in
    1/28: Check cashed
    2/2: Sticker received

#1226 PriusC_Commuter, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  7. NeilPeart

NeilPeart Hybrid & PiP Convert

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Wow.
    Mailed application in on the 6th of Jan. Check not cashed at all...no sticker received. Is there any human I could call regarding the application, or should I just wait longer?

#1227 NeilPeart, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  8. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, you can call the DMV Special Program Processing Department at (855)230-8747 (I found this number somewhere buried earlier in this thread). Keep in mind those processing times I posted were for my LEAF. I assumed the processing for the Green and White HOV Stickers take the same amount of time, but it could be possible they do them separately.

9. NeilPeart

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    They must have read this thread because they cashed the check yesterday! As long as the paperwork is in order I should be receiving the sticker shortly. I think the green stickers may have longer processing times due to the limited amount, or perhaps they were just inundated when I sent mine in.

10. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    The green stickers had a backlog of applications received during the 3 months between hitting the 55,000 limit and January 1. Then on January 1, dealers were able to make new applications for green stickers for every plug-in on their lot and all the VINs on order in their computers.

On Feb. 3 the ARB site reported that they'd issued 58,552 green stickers, which means 3,552 since Jan. 1. (Almost half of those were issued by Jan. 6, so they must have been working on them in December.) I was astounded that the number was that low. It's around the same or slower than last fall. So I'm thinking they still have a larger than normal backlog.

That makes it difficult to predict when they'll hit 70,000. At some point they'll post "We just issued sticker number 6x,000," but the backlog will be greater than (10-x)000 so new applicants will be out of luck.

If someone feels like calling them and asking about the backlog size, that'd be interesting.

11. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S
    I'll offer an alternative to fretting: with gasoline prices low (though now heading back up), people have short memories and eschew fuel economy (and let's face it: some locales it's more expensive to run a PiP on electricity than gasoline). That's also why SUV and pickup truck sales have spiked.

In other words, at this point the pipeline of new applications is probably running at much lower levels than when gasoline touched $4/gal.

lensovet likes this.
  12. NeilPeart

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Good point! My stickers arrived on Friday! :) Now waiting for the CARB $1500 - that application was received on the 19th of January. :whistle:

13. _Charles_

_Charles_ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My check was cashed today, but haven't received the sticker yet (I mailed my application on January 21).
    For the $1500 CA, Clean Vehicle Rebate: application received January 7th, approved February 6th, but no check mailed out yet.

14. _Charles_

_Charles_ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Stickers arrived today!
    Application mailed: January 21
    Check cashed: February 13
    Stickers arrived: February 17

15. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    The ARB site posted an update today - 60,537 stickers issued.

The rate has picked up a little from January, but there's a trend now:

[​IMG]

If the rate stays the same, the last sticker will be issued around June 15. At the current month backlog, the last good application might go in around mid-May.

But the rate is a bit high by historical standards, so maybe it reflects catching up on the backlog. So the cliff might be a little further off.

All just guesses, of course.

Tracksyde and wjtracy like this.
  16. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    January PHEV sales were in the gutter...guess we'll soon hear if Feb was any better.
    And 54% of all 2014 PHEV sales were in CA itself, so CA is the big tail wagging the dog on PHEV sales.
    Alls I can think is PiP and Volts supply being shorted to allow other PHEV brands to get some green HOV stickers.
    Conspiracy theory, I know.

#1236 wjtracy, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015