1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone removed the seats in the awd e?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by PowdayPrius, Nov 6, 2019.

1. PowdayPrius

PowdayPrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Hoping to use the car for some camping trip up near the snow this winter. Doesn't seem to be much space even without the seats so I'm thinking its not worth it. Has anyone removed the seats to get more usable space. Might try and go camping in it this weekend if I can get a day off work. Planning on install a hitch soon and get it tinted in the next week. Then install wind deflectors and cut some foam for a bed and start bagging some peaks! Took it for a test drive on Angeles Crest last weekend and I was not the slow poke :)

bisco likes this.
  2. PriusOffroad

PriusOffroad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Kudos for this! My vote is to keep the seats, build a frame to raise the cargo area up a few inches level with the seat backs/rear cargo lip and camp away! I've spent at least 60 nights in my gen 3 this past year and have minimal complaints! Keep chiseling away at those peaks!

3. thomassster

thomassster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I haven’t done it yet, but I’ve partially done my back seats. I’m assuming 4th gen is similar. If you are talking about the back seats, we’ll the hybrid battery is right behind it so I wouldn’t recommend doing anything there. Front seats have vents and a dip under the seat.