1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone replaced/fixed a Prius door? HELP!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Angryasian, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Angryasian

Angryasian New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a 2 month old prius, which my brother has hit with his car. The passenger side door is fairly smashed in. The car isn't wrecked by any means, but it does not look good. The door functions alright, but this needs to get taken care of. I wanted to know if anyone knew how much a new door would cost me, or much repairing it would cost me. I'm fairly desperate for information, so anything would be really helpful...!

HELP!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The sheet metal is not that expensive; $227 MSRP.
    Champion ToyotaWorld

However the labor and painting will be relatively expensive; my guess is that your bill will reach $1,000 or so; even more if damage was caused to other parts of the body (besides the door).

3. MR.K

MR.K Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    To get a used door type in "Prius door "on ebay ...they should come up ,look also in the store section below the current listings...they even have colors that match ....500-600 bucks tho ...a whole door from Toyota is about the same unless you go with just a skin ,like stated before around 250 ..they are not easy to put on....I replaced both FR & RR doors + center post ...if you go with a new door instead of used you will also have to get the decals on the top of the door inside and outside ...it is not flat black paint ..I used the sticky letter sign material sold at the sign/banner shop for 10$ & did all of mine ...the original decals are 5 mil thick ...the banner shop's was 3 mil.....but it saved me 100$ ..looks factory......the rear door unplugs and unbolts as the front except the front requires you to take the front inside lower plastic cover off to get to the front door wire plug........