1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone replaced their rear turn signal assembly?

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Laura-Ann, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Laura-Ann

Laura-Ann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I have a 2019 Prius Prime with a busted right rear turn signal - the LEDS are all still working, but the right rear corner of the car got hit in a parking lot and the lens is cracked in several places, and I want to replace it before this part gets any more expensive. So the part number appears to be 81531-47010, but I can't find any clear photos of it taken from all angles, showing how it attaches to the car, or a comprehensive video on the replacement process on YouTube. I'd like to see a video of this repair before I dive under the car and start unbolting stuff at random. Has anyone here done this replacement and knows of any video or written instructions on how to do it?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how much is the part?

check salvage and ebay as well.

3. Laura-Ann

Laura-Ann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    $265.74 from https://www.oempartstoyou.com. The problem isn't getting the part, they're available from a dozen different on-line sources or any Toyota dealer. The problem is, "how do you install it?". I haven't found any videos or written procedures for how to do it.

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the service manual at teechinfo.toyota.com should have it. you can buy a subscription and download relevant pages iirc.

5. PianoBench

PianoBench Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have a repair video on how to remove the rear trunk. I will upload it onto YouTube or Imgur later tonight. It is pretty short. Just a couple of clips and you can get the rear bumper off. Then the rear LED lamp is a couple of bolts. Easy !!!!

6. PianoBench

PianoBench Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    - rear bumper removal

- rear turn signal removal