1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone tried an emblem swap?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by SoCalPri, Jun 20, 2013.

1. SoCalPri

SoCalPri New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    New poster - pardon my just jumping in!

My '07 is asking for either the 3rd Gen emblems, or the 2nd Gen JDM emblems ... has anyone had any luck with this? The Pri-C emblems look the closest in size, but there is the matter of those removing those pesky clips/pins and reattaching with adhesive...

2. rizkid92

rizkid92 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    bump.... i was also wondering about this too! Does anyone have any experience with this?

3. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    On the 2008 (not sure about the 2007) the only emblems that have pins are the front and rear Toyota symbols as well as the two front fender hybrid emblems - I suppose you could swap the other emblems. I just removed all that I could 'cept the ones with pins. I like the cleaner non-tagged look. Its not like people don't know its a prius. :)
    [​IMG]

"Caymandiver75" just posted about how his 2006 didn't have pins on the front fender hybrid emblems. Unfortunately my '08 does have the pins...

4. themaddmongoose

themaddmongoose Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I used 20# test fishing line to remove the emblems. You work it back and forth under them and it cuts through the glue (it won't cut the pins tho LOL ). Then just rub your thumb over the remaining glue and it all balls up and comes off easy. Once it's gone you can put the new ones on.

5. themaddmongoose

themaddmongoose Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Forgot to mention - my '05 had pins front and back. I plugged the back holes with bumper repair material since the area where the emblem is made of the same plastic as the bumper.