1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone tried the Beklin Aircast??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by clokwise, Jun 3, 2013.

1. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This guy: CarAudio Connect AUX with Bluetooth® | BT Music Receiver | Audio | Entertainment | Products | Belkin USA Site

Just curious if anyone has mounted one in their gen 3 Prius? If so do you have any pictures? I'd love to see where you mounted it. I am thinking of getting one but can't seem to find a good spot to mount it that suits me. I'm also interested to see how you tucked the cables away. I'd prefer to see as little cables as possible.

Thanks!

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Right off the bat, don't have the product.

But reading the description, I don't like the phrase "Attach Magnetically to the Dashboard".

Where is that metal on the dashboard I am suppose to attach to? And do I really want a magnet near other possibly sensitive electronics? Is the magnet removable? Can I use double faced tape?

3. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't speak for it as a matter of fact because I dont own it, but I'm sure you would attach with double sided tape. I've read and watched reviews and none of them seem to ever bring attention to it causing problems. In fact its never been mentioned in anything I've seen. One review I read was a Prius owner and they loved it, but I'm curious to see how it was mounted which was not included in their review.

4. RobHo

RobHo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i have it and it works well. i tried the kinivo first and had issues losing audio every minute or so for just a second. sounded like an old cd walkman skipping. the belkin hasnt had that issue. as far as mounting, it has a ring that has double sided tape on it. the receiver then latches onto that magnetically. it would allow you to easily pull it from one car to another if u needed to. u cant hide all the wiring but it just lays between seat and console out of the way.

5. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Any chance you could snap some photos of how its sitting in there??

6. Electric Charge

Electric Charge Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have another Belkin bluetooth gateway product (forgot the model), and while it works really well, volume output sucked in my RAV4, to the point I had to install a portable amp. Not sure if the same issue exists in the Prius, but besides that, I'm pretty happy with my BT gateway.

7. PosauneGuy

PosauneGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I use it in my Gen 3 and love it. I have mine mounted at about the 7:00 position from the shifter just to the upper left of the beverage holder compartment. No problems using it as a phone in that location and I can just throw it into the arm rest tray if I want to hide it.

8. keymusic

keymusic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I had one in my 2011. I mounted it just to the left of the Power/Start button. It's almost exactly the same size so it looks good there, and it was a good location to pickup your voice if you're using it as a speakerphone as well.