1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has the Prius effected your driving habits, less tickets?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by keydiver, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It does have a calming effect, but I did notice for the first month or two, I was tending to drive faster than I thought I was, I think because I wasn't used to the digital speedometer, and was used to using RPM to tell speed. When I'm in my other car, I tend to look for an MFD to see how much I'm charging the battery as I coast up to a stoplight.

2. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No tickets here, before or after, but I can tell you one thing that gets used in my Prius much more than in my old Sienna Mini Van ... the horn! I'm always having people trying to snuggle up to my Prius here in Southern California. I think it may have to do with the car being smaller than the B-pillar in their SUV.

I have at least one "horn-honk-avoidance-maneuver" in every trip to or from work. I'm thinking of putting playing cards in the spokes on my wheels or something.

3. quagmire0

quagmire0 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Aug 25 2006, 12:21 PM) [snapback]309362[/snapback]</div>
    I think a big factor in getting to your destination on time is not your speed, but your maneuvering. I.E. if you are a crazy driver, but you don't know how to pick lanes and avoid tieups, then you get nowhere fast. If you are a moderate driver, but you know how to maneuver in traffic, you can get to the same place at the same time. I tend to realize this fact when I am sort of daydreaming on the road, and then I notice that I'm going slow because I'm behind the only guy going 50 - meanwhile everyone else is whizzing by. :p