1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has There Been a Better Enviromental President Since Gerald Ford?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Chuck., Dec 27, 2006.

1. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Dec 28 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]367883[/snapback]</div>
    Regarding point #2...actually, what you suggest appears to be true! Just read an article somewhere about this; the inability to talk on a cellphone was the #1 reason for the demise of the manual transmission, followed by being able to hold hands/hold whatver other part of your passenger's anatomy (#2), and being able to eat/apply makeup/shave etc. while driving was listed as #3.

2. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Dec 28 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]367874[/snapback]</div>
    I think you're right ... it did force technology to advance. Detroit has been slow to adopt new technology, as we're seeing with the foot-dragging in regards to EVs. Its one reason I don't support the corporate bail outs that are being considered for GM (and Ford, I believe). Perhaps they should be allowed to fail.

BTW - would the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency as a cabinet level department be considered a green thing for a President to do? Anyone know who did that?