1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has this ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ichiro, Aug 11, 2008.

1. effwitt

effwitt Paparazzi Magnet

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    About 10 years ago I came out of the grocery store to find a woman and her daughter standing next to my car. Her key unlocked my car and after they got inside her four year old realized they had the wrong car. Mom then proceeded to write me a very long note about the "incident", but decided to wait so she could tell me everything on the note and more. All I could think about was that my ice cream is melting...

The next week while paying for my groceries she gets in line behind me and say "hi!". The next week I spotted her again while shopping and made a hasty exit. She was friendly, but very creepy. After that I started shopping on Saturday...

2. MaulWalker

MaulWalker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Many years ago I was on a business trip to Dallas/Fort Worth area. Rented a car from a large national chain and was given a white Pontiac Grand Am with red interior. Drove to the hotel and parked. Next morning I head to the car and discover four white Pontiac Grand Ams all parked next to one another in the lot. All with red interiors and all from the same rental company. I could eliminate one by the architectural drawings left in the back seat. Had to try my key in each door to find my rental car.

3. limetime13

limetime13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, but it wasn't me. I had a 91 Pontiac TranSport Van and my two kids tended to be competitive about so many things (surprise!).....well, on this day my kids and I were leaving a store and two vans were parked out front, ours being a bit further away from the door. My son was going to "win" this time and he beat my daughter to the back seat and looked so proud to be there.....until he saw the look on my face. He scurried out of that vehicle pronto!!!:D

4. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Prior to my Prius, on a few occasions I was not sure from a distance whether a car was mine or not (96 red Integra), but never actually mistakenly tried to get in. Not a problem now, since Prii are still relatively rare in Toronto, though they are gradually increasing.

This thread does remind me of a bizarre story my sister told me last year; she was returning to her car and noticed a woman parked near her who was in a bit of a panic. My sister asked what was wrong, and she said she had locked her keys in the car, which was a dodge sedan of some sort. The woman then proceeded to pull out her cell and call her husband, and a few moments later, she turns to my sister and says, "I don't know why, but my husband asked me to ask if I can borrow your keys...". Puzzled, my sister reluctantly says sure and hands over her keys. The woman's husband tells her to try them in her car....... and it opens her door! Naturally, she is thrilled, hands back the keys to my sister and thanks her profusely.

My sister drives an '04 Hyundai Elantra. :confused:

I can only presume that the husband knew something was "not right" about the door locks on that Dodge.... :heh: