1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has this happened to you.?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fredmertz, Feb 8, 2006.

1. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, I can't imagine that happening to you. When you mentioned your earlier experience at Cerritos, my reaction was that it was unfortunate, but it just happened and I didn't hold the dealer at fault, except they should have tried to make you a good deal on a future allocation instead of try and have you change models.

But this case, you did everything right, and their treatment of you was absolutely inexcusable. In this case, I think you should document exactly what happened in a very polite letter and send to Toyota Motor Sales in Torrance. Toyota is customer-centered and I think they will not appreciate the way you were treated. Try to find the name of a senior VP and address to him/her with copies to corporate customer service, the dealer owner, and salesman. Maybe you might call corporate customer service to get the name of the appropriate VP.

You might not want to have anything to do with Symes, but who knows, they might come back and offer you out of the next allocation a car at well below MSRP.

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ha!.. Hondas are good cars... they make great engines and have a good reputation and good longevity..but when it comes to hybrid.. nothing holds a candle yet to the prius IMHO.

3. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd report this to Toyota with a direct call to their customer service. My dealer told me that Toyota specifically raised prices in 2006 to stop dealer price gouging. You shouldn't be a victim of or support this practice either.

PS: When a dealer tells you that your Prius is in. Have them email you an acceptance proposal with the VIN number and description of the car + options. Accept the car via email and print out the acceptance email. Bring it in when you go to get the car. I think the dealer might recant if you are waving a bill of acceptance in the showroom.

4. hngu7721

hngu7721 Junior Member

A similar situation had happened to me at Cerritos; told me car was available, but when i came down to buy, the fleet manager explained that the car was out getting leather put in! They had another one with a different package available, but i was set on a #3 so i didn't bite.

I made it a routine to contact local fleet/internet managers every week to check inventory. Luckily, after only (1) week, Garden Grove had a silver, 3 that had just arrived and still with the wrap on it. Came down, purchased at MSRP, AND they bought my trade in at over 1500 higher than what was offered at Power Toyota in Cerritos. You should definitely contact Jeff/Geofrey in internet/fleet over at Garden Grove to see if they have anything available coming in.

During that week however, I did come in contact with a very professional and ethical internet/fleet sales manager, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them if the situation were different. Scion/Toyota of Long Beach demonstrated exemplary customer service, and kept to their word. Give them a shot if you haven't already.

hope this helps

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Bad dealers need to be exposed to reward and turn customers towards the ones that are honest.
    Definately report them to Customer Service.