1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hatch Bulb not illuminating.

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by Hydrocket, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Hydrocket

Hydrocket Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    The light bulb in the hatch area isn't illuminating. I replaced the bulb and still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Dumb questions first:

are you sure you flipped the little switch on and opened the hatch?

other options:

Could a fuse be blown somewhere? Are any other lights not lighting up? I believe it is tied in with the dome light. Do you have that set to turn on when the doors open? This thread discusses where to find fuses for the inside lights: Where is the fuse for interior lights? | PriusChat

Did you possibly jiggle a wire loose or pushed a pin back while replacing the bulb?

Any evidence of rodents in the car? They like to chew on wires. People have found nests under the hood and expensive chewed up wire harnesses.

3. DavidK52

DavidK52 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    That's what I did, but I used a long zip tie that was stiff enough to get through and then used that to pull the cable through.
    It's also a little "gross," but I spit on it to provide some lubrication. I'm sure Vaseline or something similar would have worked better, but I didn't have any on hand. However, lubrication was necessary because the rubber was clearly gripping the cable a little too tightly.

4. Hidyho

Hidyho Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not really understanding what you are saying, also, are you talking about a Prius C? Again, make sure you didn't accidentally flip the switch for the hatch light, one way its turned off, other way it comes on and works with the hatch.