1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hatch Measurements

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Joshua Laymon, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Joshua Laymon

Joshua Laymon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I have what may be one of the weirder questions here on Prius Chat. I have a V right now and very soon I will be driving from Missouri to New York to pick up my Prime. They don't really have any Primes in the midwest and the incredible rebates available in NY will more than make up for the cost. We are wanting to take our puppy on the road trip with us. Her kennel is 26" tall. We generally slide it in through the back of our V but i obviously don't want to haul it to NY only to find out it doesn't fit in the dealers lot! Total measurements are 36Lx23Wx26H. Can someone please go measure their trunk and let me know if it will fit? I don't mind laying the seats down at all, I just want to make sure there is enough clearance. The closest Prime to me right now if about 500 miles away so I really can't do it myself. Thanks.

bisco likes this.
  2. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not even close. It's only about 20" tall at the highest point.

Should fit easily on top of the back seats if they are down.

3. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Unfortunately, I can't do the measurements myself, since my P.Prime has not arrived yet either. However, just for whatever it's worth (maybe not much!), I strongly suspect the answer is that it won't fit, and that height is what will prevent it.

iPhone ? Pro

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if it won't fit in through the back, maybe through the back door?

5. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like you have to go in through the back door where you have more clearance to the ceiling (the rear seats when down are lower than the hatch floor so you have more space. Or keep the seats up if fits in that way, lay it on the seat. Maybe bring some rugs or something if you want to make it level over the middle hump.

Have a good trip!
    Back in 2012 when PiP was new, West Virginia had a $7500 state credit on top of the $7500 Federal credit. So one guy here went to NY and got two PiP's for $25.5k so $15.5k after WV tax credits, one PiP for him and one for his dad. That WV rebate was stopped in April_2013 - it applied to many vehicles besides Plug-ins so its was a crazy loophole.

#5 wjtracy, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017