1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hatch strut/lift supports recommendation?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Tomek310, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Tomek310

Tomek310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys. Has anyone replaced worn hatch supports? If so, what are your recommendations? I've seen some brands on Amazon but am not sure which ones to go with. I want a smooth lift and damper at the end to prevent over extension.

2. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I installed 'Strongarm' rear hatch shocks last summer after my old ones were failing. Not always staying up. 'don't you just hate that...'

You can find them for less than $20 on the 'A' word site.

Old ones wouldn't hold the rear hatch up...let alone lift it like these do.
    I don't think these are specific to the Gen2 Prius - I had to rotate the head of the shock 180 degrees as it was facing the wrong way - other than that - straight bolt on.

StrongArm 4686 lift-supports

Just remember - I had to rotate the head of the shock 180 degrees as it was facing the wrong way - other than that - Straight bolt on. Super StrongArm. :) Super cheap compared to OEM.... and stronger then oem replacments. PartsGeek had some other options - but i'm def happy with my purchase.

3. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
  4. Tomek310

Tomek310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A