1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hatchback light in C1

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by CAlbertson, Oct 31, 2012.

1. steelrain

steelrain Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Sort of.

When you open the hatch, that cover on the left that also covers the tail lamp will have to be removed. Once gone your looking at a tail lamp, metal and a very simple wiring harness as pictured.

Once you pull the cover you'll be able to compare the picture and itll be really simple.

As for where I put the light, yeah its on the seat belt cover in the cargo area.

2. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    thanks for the info. does your light "fade in and out" as with the rest of the lights in your car?

i saw the pictures you put up - so how did you wire the LED lights into that A connector? did you have some sort of plug? did you plug the wires "straight into it" ? or did you you use like a wire tap it? i'm not knowledgeable about wiring, so if you could dumb that down for me, i'd appreciate it :p

3. steelrain

steelrain Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Well I hate splicing but wire taping would be safe, I cheated and plugged it right in. Power first, then some etape to hold it in place below the actual connector, followed by ground with a small piece going across the top covering the exposed wires. This was followed by a piece of shrink wrap.

I figured this way I could revert without damaged wires in case I could find the legitimate end connector on the cheap. There doesn't seem to be any shorts or problems even if its not the most professional route. I know when I do my stereo swap that will be to the letter however.

4. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    When you "plugged it right in" - is that simply inserting the bare (stripped) wire directly into the holes and then putting etape there to hold it? Or is there something you need to attach to the bare wire to plug it in? Sorry for the dumb questions :) I'm learning!