1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have been driving a Prius c for a week

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Meadowlands, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Meadowlands

Meadowlands New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My New Jersey dealership gave me an orange Prius C to use for two weeks .. While my 2005 Prius has been in the shop. If anyone has any questions let me know. I have driven it for 1000 miles so far. In short it has been fun. Fire your questions away.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was going to ask for a mpg comparison on your commute but since you have had a weak 12v battery for so long I'm not sure the comparison would be valid. :)

3. Meadowlands

Meadowlands New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Both cars have been averaging about 5 mpg less than the EPA number. I had a 50 mile trip that I average 62 mpg. The "goodbye" message gives you your mpg and money saved each time you turn the car off. The dashboard reports out the mpg for "trip a and trip b" These rolling long term mpg avg on the c since the car has first been put into service is 48 but that is with some time on the lot. My personal drives in the c with heavy ac is around 52. The instant feedback and money savings are intuitive and fun to read through. The display is different than the other 2012 models and is somehow better in a car with a 19k sticker price.

4. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What do you think of ride quality and acceleration differences? :)

5. Meadowlands

Meadowlands New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <duplicate>

6. Meadowlands

Meadowlands New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the Prius is a "B+"or rideability, the Prius c is a "B." but with an intangible. Certainly, The ride quality is more sporty (Bumpy) at 750 pounds less than the tradional model. The acceleration is slower that by 2005 gen ii with 185k on it, but not shockingly so. The radio quality, and a/c seemed to be the same. Cruising at 70 mph was comfortable. Perhaps because i was not passing peple doing 75! And that it is orange--dukes of hazards orange--I got more smiles and noddes in the c then my seven year red Prius has. That maybe the fact it IS orange but people also wonder what kind of a car is it?.. But when people stop and checkout your car when you are getting an ice cream it just seems like that alone improves the ride quality... Making it more fun.