1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have date/time at top of posting?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Mendel Leisk, May 11, 2013.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    First off, I'm really starting to like the new website format. Alerts in particular are a great innovation. And if you start responding in a thread, then navigate elsewhere, when you come back your text is still there. And the new spell checker is great, and works without the need to load some software. Anyway:

Would it be possible to have the date/time at the top of a posting, as opposed to at the end? And also, make it bolder, it seems sort-of grey and light right now. Here's an example of a thread that's showing in the new posting list, but the thread been around for quite a while. If you're curious how old the thread is you have to scroll wayyyy down through the first posting:

DIY: Spring Install | PriusChat

ftl likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all good points. i hated the new software, now, i can't remember what the old was like.:p

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I certainly see your point, but I think the idea is to downplay when the content was created versus what the content actually is. For now, I don't see us changing the format on the site. There is a line at the top of each thread saying when the thread was created, though.

Thanks for the comments regarding the site software. I spent about a year preparing for the migration, and I think it has paid off well for the community. It's always nice to hear bisco changing his tune :)

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i hate change, but the bigger they are, the harder they fall!:p

5. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    For every revenue generating web site, there is always a click counter or page counter, which determines the revenue stream.
    The goal is try to get you click move or go through more pages to get what you want.

Sorry I have to point this out, Danny.:)

Danny likes this.
  6. 3PriusMike

3PriusMike Prius owner since 2000, Tesla M3 2018

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'll add on to this thread...if you look at where the date is ...then over to the right you have, relatively tiny text with like, reply and share. Since these are things likely to be clicked on they are too small. Especially on a tablet with your big fat fingers. Since you want to click and go to another page with another ad, these should be bigger.

Mike