1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have decided I will buy a new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bmparent, Mar 24, 2023.

1. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so I've been driving my 2007 (198,800 at the moment) for about 7 years now. I've done alot of the work myself; rebuilt the battery, the combo meter, had all the recall work done, regular maintenance, fixed leaks in the trunk and really feel like i know this car inside and out; it's one reason why I want to buy another gen. 2. aside from the fuel efficiency and reliability.
    Are the 2007 and 2009 models comparable in terms or reliability and common issue? I've heard that 2009 is also an excellent year.

douglasjre and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and 2008. they are all about the same, and of course, the newer and lower the miles the better.

bmparent likes this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I saw an 09 here in NC w leather fogs n all 94K asking 8K clean too of course it would have to be for that kind of money but this thing barely looks sad in very lightweight old people or something no fatties

bmparent likes this.
  4. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Message me some details, if you've got 'em! Would love to look into a southern car.

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    There's a couple around here that white one is a 94K sat here on the marketplace for a month or two maybe possibly longer and I don't know what the end deal was what happened with that car I'm sure somebody got a slightly better deal on it but it was clean I mean whistle clean it was crazy there's a couple around here now I'll see what I can do and send you the stuff

bmparent likes this.
  6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    There is one of the car lot right up the street from my house right now It is the not gray but whatever that color is between the gray and the gold I don't even know if I call it charcoal It's like a rose brown metal flake but darker than the rose brown Toyota has always used before It's a very pretty car I think it even has a matching interior one of the few chassis where the interior kind of matches the outside of the car even better than the gray interior on the silver car I think they're asking $7,700 for it I think it has 130 on it It's extremely clean I'll take pictures maybe tomorrow or Monday but I'll have to send them direct I don't know how to get that stuff to work on here too much.

bmparent likes this.
  7. TinyTim

TinyTim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A 2009 is nowhere close to a new Prius. Maybe new to you. I would be worried about the traction battery dying all the time.

8. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yep and that's an easy fix takes a whopping hour and a half or something drop a new battery in the car Don't worry about it for another 13 14 years The least generally speaking of one's worries with these cars You know it has to be done and that's the end of that to me more problematic is the break actuator that takes longer more involved The parts almost the same cost or can be if you're not careful but still even with those two items if the cars in near perfect condition just nearly touching 100,000 miles like 94K leather interior owned by an old lady or old person that barely weighed 120 lb of seats aren't flattened out and the brake pedals aren't worn down to the silver yeah that's a smoking deal actually in reality versus what a Suzuki something another from the Chevrolet dealer No you're not going to touch another Prius for almost double that amount of money Not in the shape that a generation 2 would be in that I'm talking about I have pictures I wouldn't touch a generation 3 if I was able to find a generation 2 like this and I really needed the clean and all that which I do not My Prius 2 is a work vehicle so mine cost $2,000 $2,200 the $8,500 that's like a brand new car it's just 13 years old but it doesn't look it.

TinyTim likes this.