1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have full VIN, now timing question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by HerkyHawk, Aug 21, 2006.

1. HerkyHawk

HerkyHawk New Member

I posted this in Order Tracking originally, but probably should have put it here since I'm guessing there are more Prius owners here (as opposed to those waiting for cars)...

I now have the full VIN for my 2006 Seaside #4 AND the VIN is listed on the dealer's Web site when I look at their new inventory.

For those BTDTs, do you recall how long it took after the VIN/vehicle showed up on your dealer's Web site until you got the call that the car was actually in? Our dealer said it could be this coming week, but I don't want to get my hopes up :D

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It was exactly a week between the time that we got the VIN and when we picked it up.

3. HerkyHawk

HerkyHawk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betelgeuse @ Aug 21 2006, 07:29 AM) [snapback]306628[/snapback]</div>
    That's encouraging :D We got the VIN last Wednesday...

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I believe I also got the VIN approximately a week before the car arrived on the dealer lot. The salesguy received the VIN when the ship carrying my Prius came into a nearby port. He didn't know how long it would be before the car was unloaded from the ship and en route to the dealer via truck. It ended up being right around a week though, give or take a day or 2. But also consider that the port of Long Beach (where the ship docked) is only ~30 miles from my dealer's lot in El Monte. :)

5. HerkyHawk

HerkyHawk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Aug 21 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]306810[/snapback]</div>
    That's a good point. Mine has to make it to Iowa...not exactly close to any ports. I just really want it to arrive this week, though :) It's been about a 2-year journey to get our Prius (if you count the first botched attempt back in 2004).

6. glenhead

glenhead New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HerkyHawk @ Aug 21 2006, 07:19 AM) [snapback]306625[/snapback]</div>
    Three days. We got called on Thursday (the dealerships in this area don't keep inventories on their websites) and they told us the car would be in late the next week. They come into the Port of Houston in this area; it's less than 200 miles from the Port to the dealership. It got here on Monday, and we had to go into scramble mode to get rid of the old car and get the Prius. What an awful dilemma, huh? :lol: Good luck - let's see how long it takes for you!

7. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HerkyHawk @ Aug 21 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]306916[/snapback]</div>
    Yep. Consider that it will take a few days to get the car off the ship and onto a truck; then however many days for that truck to make it from the port and to your dealer's lot. Could be a few days depending on how many cars the truck is carrying and how many stops he has to make on his way. I still say around about a week though, with any luck. Hopefully you'll have the car this week, that'd be fantastic!! :D

8. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Same here. Car arrived about a week after getting the VIN.