1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have pictures of Plug-in in white and silver from LA autoshow

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by UCBRUINS, Nov 17, 2011.

1. knckdwntxt

knckdwntxt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Had a great experience at the LA auto show this morning. I test drove the base plug-in and got to poke around in the advanced. Drives like how I expect it - awesome. The advanced model has a definite nicer interior with its bells and whistles. I was impressed by both though.

2. knckdwntxt

knckdwntxt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I want to post pictures for you guys, but need 5+ posts first according to newbie rules. so..

3. knckdwntxt

knckdwntxt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    one more to go..

4. knckdwntxt

knckdwntxt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Member

I made it to the car show yesterday morning. I got there @ 11:00am and was able to test drive the plugin without waiting. The gentlemen who took us on the ride said on the weekend they shut down as it was taking 45 minutes to go around the block :eek:

Overall it was what I expected. In EV mode it does sound a tad different than my 06 but that was about it. I was happy to see I get a bit more leg room which is nice.

Once inside I was disappointed that there was only one plugin and it was locked. I was pointed to a model 2 to look at, as I was told the plugin basic has the same interior. For a $32k car I would expect the interior to be nicer. Does anyone know if the model 2 is the same as the basic plugin ?

I was pointed to a Camry to check out Entune. The salesperson was fairly knowledgeable about the system. To me the graphics seemed a bit dated but not a big deal. I have stopped using the nav in my 06 and use the Waze app on my iPhone. I might still do the same in the plugin.

Overall there is way more up side than down side to the car. Even with the few things I'm not crazy about I'll still buy the car.

Ken

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It will have a few extra things standard such as Remote A/C, heated front seats and a Display Audio system w/ nav and Entune. The general interior layout is the same among all vehicles and yes it has a cloth interior (remember, it starts at $22k for a regular Prius. It's the technology that bumps it up to $39,500).

7. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you were pointed to a 2011 Prius Two, the entertainment stack is quite different from the PiP. The 2012 Two (well, Three) will be much more like PiP with its touchscreen audio, nav and Entune.