1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

have to gush a little... and a question or two

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ramarren, Aug 14, 2006.

1. bps

bps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godfrey DiGiorgi @ Aug 15 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]303786[/snapback]</div>

Same here! Even though I'm sure it's useful to some, and fun for others, I always have a good sense of direction and could not justify the $1,850 cost. But for some, it's more than worth it.

Bryan

2. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I give the lower tire pressure six months, max. As you get sucked
    into the numbers game, you'll want them right back up at 44/42 where
    they belong, and be happily coasting like a bicycle.
    _H*

3. ramarren

ramarren New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Aug 15 2006, 11:15 AM) [snapback]303611[/snapback]</div>
    Fiend!

I ordered the BT Brace today. Tomorrow morning I go to the dealer and they'll do the alignment correction. I took it back and forth to San Leandro again today and noticed that with the re-set tire pressures the steering feel is better but it still wanders more than it ought to. I know that something is not aligned correctly.

I've got 250 miles on it now and the gauge reads just barely down half a tank. Economy screen says 45.8 mpg. I'm going to like this a lot. By now, the Land Rover would have consumed a near-$40 tank of fuel. And the Prius is MUCH quieter and more comfortable to boot.

Life is darn good.

Godfrey
    ---
    Current work on display: "A Traveler In London" www.gdgphoto.com/traveler

4. ramarren

ramarren New Member

For closure on the steering wheel/wander issue:

I dropped the car off this morning at 7. Picked it up at 1pm and took it for a 25 mile ride on an errand. Steering wheel is oriented correctly and the inclination to wander a bit is gone. When I asked the service writer what they'd found, he said the toe in was found to be off the spec ... exactly what I suspected.

Life is good.

Godfrey