1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have you installed cruise control?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by pos1, Jun 11, 2016.

1. pos1

pos1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    i have a 2014 C. I want to add cruise. Dealer wants $800 and says it includes programming. Seen vids and posts of people putting it in, but it's not clear that you can just buy the kit ($199) and add it without any mods. Can get it done at an aftermarket shop for $400. I'm confident I can add it, since it's just a plug in after taking off the air bag, but would like confirmation from somebody who has actually done this. Is it as simple as taking off the air bag, plugging it in and drilling a hole in the steering console plug for the lever? No add'l wiring mods. No programming.

Feedback appreciated. Loving my first Prius (purchased used).

2. well.rested

well.rested Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Dealer installed mine for $300 all-told, just wish I'd gotten a damn instruction manual, half the time I end up setting the thing as a speed limiter rather than cruise control :-/ can't seem to find the model online anywhere.

3. Daoud Hussain

Daoud Hussain Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    PLEASE someone update this. I worry that the 2014 C1 has a different set up than the others. I'm considering just buying this and attempting the install, but with my luck in the past, I am sure some malfunction will come along the way....

Toyota Corolla, Prius Yaris Tacoma Speed Cruise Control 84632-08021 8463208021 | eBay

Complete Cruise Control Kit + Wiring - 2006-2014 Toyota Prius & 12-2017 Prius C | eBay

Do I even bother buying the $12 one?! (Soooo tempting)

8463234011 Cruise Control Switch for Toyota Camry Corolla 4Runner 84632-34011 | eBay

Does this video apply to the 2014 Prius C1 as well?