1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have you removed the stereo/Display/dash from your v?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by anewhouse, Mar 30, 2012.

1. anewhouse

anewhouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I've owned a v for about 3 days now, and it's great! 40-46MPG, and I love all the space inside. Already getting into a few mods - mostly minor and simple. But the following seems a little more involved:
    I ordered the Navigation Speed Lock Override system from the Priuschat shop, because I'd really like my wife to be able to control the GPS while I'm driving. But apparently nobody has installed this on the v yet, at least with the pre-made kit from the shop. I guess I'm the guinea pig! I'll definitely take pictures and share the installation when I get to it (assuming it works...)
    I don't mind experimenting a little, but I'd appreciate any hints/suggestions from anyone who has already completed any part of this process.
    Based on some videos I've seen of stereo removal on older Prii, it looks like the whole dash needs to be dissembled... Is that still the case with the v? Any suggestions, tricks, or "gotchas"?
    Thanks in advance,
    Andy

CLUBGUY and Jon Fox like this.
  2. Jon Fox

Jon Fox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Looking forward to your post installation comments.I am planning to install the same harness in our V3.

3. anewhouse

anewhouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Coming up!
    I did the install today, and it went well. I'll write up a full post (with pictures!) soon.
    VERY briefly - the dash removal seems somewhat simpler than that described in the speed lock override instructions for the standard Prius. You just need to remove the upper glove box, the power button bezel, and the top/center air vent manifold. Then you have access to the head unit. More details to follow... :)
    Andy

4. Piet proem

Piet proem New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    I am also looking forward in your manual and pictures.

I want to use the video input on my Dutch "Toyota Touch" radio.

5. kgarciaesco

kgarciaesco New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a 2013 Toyota Prius V and i am trying to figure out how to remove the front dash with the headunit any diy or write ups would be appreciated i've been searching and have only found up to 2009

6. B-52

B-52 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Bumping this thread...I am interested also...seen the harness for sale, and often wondered what would be involved....

7. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five