1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have you seen any Gen III's on the road?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Lafferty, Jun 22, 2009.

1. GreenWithEnvy

GreenWithEnvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw my first one on the road in the Milwaukee area...Winter Gray going NB on Hwy 41/45 around 5:30 pm! Plates from Andrew Toyota...

2. denverkam

denverkam New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sightings in Denver: zero. Must take a while for the cars to get from port to dealer with a journey by train. Mine was on the New Century 2 which arrived ten days ago. My official arrival date is July 6--which would be 20 days after port arrival. So hopefully sooner!

3. Illusion18

Illusion18 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just saw a black one on the Eastside of Seattle. Wanted to honk my horn as I passed but settled for gesticulating wildly instead.

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes!

Saw my first 2010 driving in Menlo Park today .... a Blue Ribbon with 15's

First glance was like, boom, wow, there's one. Cool. :cool:

5. claridiva

claridiva New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I finally saw the first Gen III (other than ours) while driving through a Home Depot parking lot this evening in Garland, TX. It was a Sandy Beach 2010 and we both did 180s as we passed each other. I suspect it was a first "wild" sighting for us both! I have enjoyed some envious glares (or so I would like to think) from others though!

6. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They taunt me daily here on North Shore of Vancouver Canada. I no doubt notice them because I'm waiting for mine to get in :(

7. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Yesterday (6/26) I saw a Blue 2010 being prepped in the shop area at Downtown Toyota in Oakland, California. I confirmed with the tech doing the prep that there is no longer a well at the back of the lower glove box:(

8. fred garvin

fred garvin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    i picked up my IV sr blizzy late yesterday and to that point had not seen one in the wild. so the first one i saw was when i got off the greyhound bus in the gas station parking lot and there was stefcat standing beside mine. as my pick-up date got closer i was really looking for them.

9. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I still haven't seen any here in Columbia. A couple of I2s have popped up. The dealers seem to have inventory.

10. 2010PkgIII

2010PkgIII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've seen quite a few Prius models, but not a Gen III. I look for the stubbier roof antenna and blue highlight in the logo badge, but all I've seen had the longer antenna with no blue in the badge.

11. Wintergrey

Wintergrey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I saw my second one yesterday, a silver driving through Cupertino. I must say, I'm not usually a big fan of silver cars but the silver looks amazingly good on the GenIII.

1 person likes this.
  12. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I saw four this weekend. B.P., Classic Silver, Winter Gray, and Black.

13. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Have yet to see any in the wild in the West Phoenix valley (other than my dad's when he came to visit last week)

We did see a couple on our road trip over the weekend between AZ and CA. Spotted one Desert Sand (no solar) w/ red dealer logo plates on the front heading eastbound I-10 toward Chiriaco Summit on Friday as we headed into SoCal. Immediately after, spotted two car carriers, first with a single Winter Gray 2010 (non-solar), then a second a few minutes later with at least two 2010 Prius (also seemingly w/o solar roof).

On our return leg today heading back to Phoenix, we were somewhere between Quartzite and Tonopah when I spotted a Silver 2010 (again, no solar) heading westbound on I-10. Again, this one had a front license plate bracket, so I'm assuming not from AZ (don't require front plates here).

On our way there, I was passed more than once by cars where passengers would swivel their heads around staring at the car. Saw other Prius drivers while in SoCal where their pax also stared intently at the car.

Mine will be easier to differentiate after today - running my blue hybrid plates again on the back!

14. Leadfoot

Leadfoot Penny pincher

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Sadly, I should report spotting a gen3 around 7:30AM on June 23 while driving to LAX. It was southbound on the Harbor Freeway just before downtown. It looked like he came together with another car, maybe brushing sides. (we've been vacationing in Maui & it's difficult to type this on my iPhone!)

Hopefully the Prius owner - especially if he belongs to PC - escaped with minimal damage. Oh, the horror!!!

15. Leadfoot

Leadfoot Penny pincher

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    BTW, no '10 Prius sighted on the islands. Occasionally see older gens, tho.:)

16. headhatter

headhatter New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We picked up our Gen III Blizzard Pearl on June 9 from Cumberland Auto in Cookeville, TN. On June 13 we left for a trip to New England. We got home on June 25. We're now at 3037 miles, but other than our Prius, we have not seen any other 2010s the entire time! We've seen a couple of Insights, and plenty of older Priuses, but no other Gen IIIs.

Other than the dash display being very dim when using the headlights during the daytime, no complaints. We've been getting consistantly over 50 MPG combined. This is our third Prius. We've also had a first and a second generation. This one is the best yet!

17. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Crank the dimmer switch to the left of the steering wheel all the way up until it clicks - this puts the dash display into "daytime" mode.

1 person likes this.
  18. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A co-worker just bought at Package III in Sandy Beach. I hope to take pictures of it next to mine.

19. Hozz

Hozz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Should you see a Prius 2-3-4-5 on the street, how can you tell the difference as it drives by???

20. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    With the 2010, it's hard.
    Driving by, the fog lamps would show a V package, but the rest of the cars look alike to me!
    The dark glossy roof would perhaps indicate a III or a IV... and NAV would certainly indicate a III or a IV.. a V is a different larger wheel and fogs.... but "whizzing by" you can't tell.