1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have you seen any Gen III's on the road?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Lafferty, Jun 22, 2009.

1. jonathandz

jonathandz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Saw my first 2010 on the road (aside from mine) here in Atlanta yesterday. Was parked at a bar in Virginia Highlands. Blizzard Pearl, just like mine! Since I spent 2 hours washing and polishing mine I am going to say my baby was the better looking of the two. ;)

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

You can also spot a V (if it's an AT one) if it has the sonar on the front bumper in the corners. Then there's the foglamps like mentioned and also the emblem is flat on the front of a V with the AT package. 17" rims also on a V.

If you see the inside, say when in a parking lot, and it does not have a JBL radio it's a II.

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Saw this thread a while back... but actually saw two new 2010's today for the first time. One was in a parking lot, and I was able to study it up close. It was white, looked a package 2 or 3... Impossible to tell the difference.... the other was doing about 58 miles per hour going DOWN Parley's Canyon. At 75, it was a bit of a blurr, but it was the Winter Gray.... My wiife wasn't impressed by the front. For me, it was the back side that struck me as bulbous and odd....

I wanted to like it.... but I didn't.....?

4. 3PriusMike

3PriusMike Prius owner since 2000, Tesla M3 2018

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I hadn't seen any until the day after I picked mine up...then I saw one just like mine 2 blocks from my house. Then 2 weeks of not seeing any, then I saw the same one once again. But then a big surprise when yeserday one was parked across the street...turns out my neighbor saw mine and went out and bought one! (after almost 9 years and almost 6 years of seeing my others)

3PriusMike

5. FlipStylee270

FlipStylee270 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I realized, I'm driving more frequently than ever, i think its because I'm in the hunt for other Gen III. I once spotted the blue toyota logo peeking between 2 vehicles in heavy time-square, NYC traffic. I was not able to follow to truly feel satisfied with this sighting :(

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Big day in SF Bay Area for Gen3's ....

spotted 6 or 7 altogether ... Hwy's 680, 880, 80.

7. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    To consolidate and add to what others have posted:

Parked:

II - Cloth seats, no JBL radio
    III - Cloth seats, JBL radio
    III w/ Solar - obvious black flat (not dimpled) roof, but still cloth seats
    III w/ NAV - Screen, but cloth seats.
    IV - Leather seats, JBL radio (if you can't see the leather, look for the seat heater switches)
    IV w/ NAV - leather seats, Screen
    IV w/ Solar - obvious black flat (not dimpled) roof, leather seats
    V - 17" rims, different headlamps, fog lamps, leather seats, JBL radio
    V w/ NAV - Same as above, but w/ NAV screen instead of JBL radio
    V w/ ATP - Same as above, IPA switch inside, sensors on sides of bumpers, LKA camera at the top center of the windshield

Driving:

15" Wheels, no moonroof? Probably a II-IV.
    15" wheels, no moonroof, but from behind you spot the camera? Probably a III or IV.
    15" wheels, solar moonroof? Probably a III or IV
    17" wheels, definately a V
    17" wheels, spot a camera at the back, but no button sensors, a V w/ NAV.
    17" wheels, button sensors on the sides, a V w/ ATP.

The solar roof stands out on all cars except black due to the black color. On a black Prius, look for the 3 perpendicular glass seams on the roof and absence of two ridge lines that run the length of the car.

Now if someone has modified the car (different rims), most bets are off while driving.

8. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am now over 4,000 miles on my 2010, and after driving through six states (IL, IN, WI, MN, IA, MI) in six weeks, I still have seen only two (aside from the Chicago Prius Group meeting where I saw two others). The first was when I met with John1701a in St. Paul, and we both arrived in our new 2010s. The second was two blocks from my house!

9. fred garvin

fred garvin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    none - zero

10. Randall Rash

Randall Rash Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Saw my first one yesterday in front of Lenscrafters at Firewheel Mall in Garland, TX. It was Sandy Beach color and it was pouring rain so I didn't get to ogle.

11. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Today I saw my third one since I took delivery of mine June 2. Can't believe I've seen so few in the bay area.

12. zippo

zippo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Tuesday, just after noon, on the 405 heading north past LA. I had just picked up my new GenIII from Dianne and heading to San Jose. Trying to figure out what I was doing as I tried to drive this strange thing. Suddenly, I see a Winter Grey Gen III with dealer plates (from a different dealer) pass me on the left. I have to wonder if the other driver saw my Sandy Beach . . .

13. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I saw 2 more today. One still had the dealer placeholder instead of a license plate (I think from Toyota Sunnyvale). I saw a white one w/vanity plate on highway 87 south near downtown San Jose at past 10 pm. Didn't catch the full vanity plate, but I saw the word volt or volts in there.

Maybe we saw each other?

14. TracyJ

TracyJ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I saw one on my way home from work yesterday morning. SBM. It's my first sighting in the wild. :cheer2:

15. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That pattern lasted 4 days, then broke when I stayed home.

The pattern resumed yesterday, when I discovered a Black one on the next street. Then it picked up today with two more Blizzard Whites (dealers colors show one is potentially a repeat of my very first sighting in the wild), and DW saw a Winter Gray. Lots of driving the over the weekend should allow plenty of new sightings.

With Washington State's tax deadline rapidly approaching, and some suggestions that the last month's large supply is now running short, plentiful sightings should be expected.

Blizzard White is clearly the favorite. Four Blizzard sightings, at least three of them unique, and one of everthing else.

Have also seen a couple new Insights this week.

16. blippo

blippo New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
  17. millerjl26

millerjl26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've been looking for two months now, most of the time driving in Fairfield County Connecticut or Williamsburg Virginia and the highways in between. Other than the Winter Gray that I am driving I have only seen one other 2010. Maybe I spend too much time on PriusChat and my views are perverted but I would have expected to see far more than just one other.

18. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I travel from the East Bay area to San Mateo about 4 days per week; I have seen about 6 new Prius cars so far. Only one of them was a package V with the 17" wheels and another one of had the solar roof package and was Blizzard Pearl.

As a way to compare I probably see 50 Gen II priuses every day at least.

19. nineinchnail1024

nineinchnail1024 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I put a lot of miles on my '10 in the last two weeks, and I'm yet to see another '10 on the road.

20. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw 3 more 7/9, one W on 92, one E, one parked. Seeing mostly Blizz's, with some Reds and Blues also.

Check this....

other day going up Foothill Blvd in Hayward,Ca (was not in my Pri),

saw 4 Gen2s driving .... in a row, and another one behind me. You'd think it was hybridfest or SLT, but just commuter traffic.