1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have you seen any Gen III's on the road?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Lafferty, Jun 22, 2009.

1. fred garvin

fred garvin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    saw my first today on 267 (dulles toll road) west bound at 5:15 pm - silver, i had to move over out of the hov to let her pass at about 75 mph

2. RIPSHZZAM

RIPSHZZAM From Intrigue to Prius 3+Nav

Model:
    III
    Blue Ribbon? (Off Topic)

I see by your sig that you have the blue ribbon 2010 and an older Prius in the pine. I was driving (until she gave her life for us in an awful accident) a silver Intrigue. That car showed NO dirt at all, and we don’t have a garage. I’ve heard that same comment about the pine color, but the 2010 doesn’t’ come in green & I’m not wild about the silver on the Prius. Anyhow.

I hate ordering something like a car sight unseen, but with the Prius there’s not much choice! Can you talk to me about your blue? :) Does it show the dirt?!? And while I tend to like blue cars, I have yet to see this actual color on the lot! Is it more like a metallic flecked dark blue, or more of a brilliant blue like the hybrid logo on the Prius? My dealer didn’t’ even have a 2010 brochure & had yet to see a blue ribbon Prius himself, so he was of no help in trying to pin down what the color actually looked like! Thanks!

3. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just went to the hardware store in Manchester MA to get license plate frames and saw a Red Gen III parked on the street. No fog lights - so it wasn't a V and no SR. I see lots of Prii around here - was surprised how distinctive the Gen III was when I saw it 'in the wild'. It was real purdy!!

4. millerjl26

millerjl26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    On a trip in my 2010 Winter Gray IV south on I95 I saw 24 2010 Prius' "on the road" right before Baltimore. For those of you in that area waiting for a new Prius you may be in luck - all 24 were on one of 4 car carriers also heading South. They had a nice mix of colors, red, blue, silver, but the predominant color was white. Hopefully one of these is yours!

5. PriusForThePeople

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah I've seen one... it was on I-95 in going Northbound between exits 54 and 55 in Branford, Connecticut. I was going Southbound so I wasn't able to see it for more than just a split second but my eye trained right to it and I knew exactly what it was the second I saw it. It was colored Winter Grey Metallic.

I also saw a car carrier that had 3 on it right coming out of the toll plaza before the Delaware Memorial Bridge going Southbound on I-295...

Occurrences were about 2 weeks apart, however both equally exciting.

6. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I got spotted by an Iconic owner yesterday. He almost oversteered while abruptly realizing what he was seeing half way through his turn. The look on his face was priceless!

7. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw my first one, Blue Ribbon Metallic, almost a month ago just after I got mine. Saw another IV Silver, but with the solar roof, Thursday evening. And today I saw a Winter Grey with VA temp tags on route 29 near Warrenton, VA.

8. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Re: Blue Ribbon? (Off Topic)

I love my Silver with the black glass roof, I think it looks quite lovely....
    [​IMG]

9. zippo

zippo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It just occurred to me that mine is still the only Sandy Beach Prius I have seen . . . I do like being distinctive but this is ridiculous! ;)

10. Randall Rash

Randall Rash Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have had my Red/Bisque IV Solar on order for 7 weeks and just saw my first "on the road" Gen III and it was Sandy Beach on South Padre Island, TX.

11. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Two mornings in a row, I spotted a *different* Blizzard Pearl Prius V traveling opposite direction while on my way to work. One had AZ HOV plates, the other had a front frame and dealer advertising plates on the rear (may be out of state). At least one had AT (parking sensors).

12. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Finally! I saw a Classic Silver on U.S. 12 coming out of New Buffalo, Michigan yesterday evening (Sunday, July 19). This is the first 2010 I've seen since one drove right by me two blocks from my house -- and that was at least 4 weeks ago!

I know they've been selling, but they really are infrequently sighted in this area (at least by me). I saw a family in Indiana yesterday (as I was driving westbound on I-84) in a Gen2. The two girls in the backseat were gawking as I drove by -- at least they knew what they were looking at! (Yes, the car!!)

13. ada-m

ada-m New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    None spotted in Dallas.

14. claridiva

claridiva New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Keep looking, we're out there! There are at least a few of us on this forum from Dallas who now have a Gen 3 Prius.

15. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just took a 387 mile trip to CT and back... not any other than myself. However I did see an Insight

16. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This past week I saw six Gen III's in Classic Silver, including a guy on Pico that gave me a thumbs up. That was the first Package/Prius V that I've seen in the wild.

Pulled up next to a Sandy Beach Metallic at an ATM in Sherman Oaks.

There was a Winter Grey on the 10 freeway as we were going to the Dodgers game.

And spotted a Blizzard Pearl in Marina Del Rey.

So far, I've noticed that male Gen I, II, & III owners notice my car more than the ladies. It's sad because I really want the ladies to notice me. Ha!

17. Cryxic

Cryxic New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've seen one Gen III so far where I live (Northern VA). Any other Gen III owners live around here?

18. wfolta

wfolta Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Had a reverse-spotting-embarrassing moment yesterday. I was on the Toll Road here in Northern Virginia and I passed an older Prius on his right. The guy sped up and I figured, "Stubborn, stubborn, he wants to try to get back in front of me before his lane ends." We were just coming to a section of the road where I wanted to test a technique and I figured, "Just ignore him" and kept watching the HSI display.

After a few seconds, I realize he's not passing me. I hesitate to look over -- road rage and all here in NoVa -- but when I finally do it's just in time to see that he's had his driver window open and he's waving and smiling but he finally gave up on me seeing him. So I manage a quick wave back, but feel like I've left the poor guy hanging. If you're out there... sorry! :welcome:

19. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    i saw 2 at the dealership being driven by owners but i still have not seen any "in the wild" here in nashville. also, i dont think folks are recognizing mine since the front is so different.

20. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Coincidentally, we saw one on the highway on our way to pick up our Prius. That's our only sighting outside of the dealer.