1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Having a mechanical key for SMART Key System?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Runswithdog, Aug 28, 2014.

1. dborn

dborn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the smart key on my Camry hybrid but not on my wife's Prius C. I particularly enjoy the smart key system myself, I can just keep it in my pocket and use the car as if it didn't have a key at all.

Please explain why you don't want that and want to go back to the "old way". I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right, I'm truly trying to understand your point of view. There has to be something I'm not getting.

Thanks,
    Daniel

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    see the last sentence in the second paragraph of the o/p.

3. dborn

dborn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    "Yes, I realize this would cut down on convenience, but would allow a key to be carried in harsh environments with little risk of damage." that?

Perhaps leaving the fob in a safe(r) place would be advisable in this case? :)
    Anyway, good luck in your endeavour. I must be getting too old/lazy/pragmatic for these kinds of quests... ;)

Daniel

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, i would like to know more about these harsh environments. not sure i've heard of the problem before.