1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Having fun with YOUR oil money...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Only when they start flying planes into buildings...

:ph34r:

2. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

Not at all. I think I was trying to say that the bashing was independent of the people and was aimed at the display of wealth, instead. Anyone who has more then the general population, and shows it off where everyone can see, is going to get reemed. Consider what happens here when someone says "Hummer." It has the same focus. It's a display of not caring about wealth, and it tends to eat us up inside.

As for the "Supersize" generation, American culture just does not look at fattness as a sign of wealth. It used to be, and probably still is in many places, that a fat person was one wealthy enough to have exess food. Now, we tend to view it the other way. Rich folk tend to be seen as able to afford to be choosy about their meals, and can thus select reliably healthy cuisine. Poorer folk are seen as having to take what they can get, and often end up with less nutritious and more fattening food. Now, I know there is WAY more then that to obesity, but I do think that is why Americans, at least, will not see obesity in the same excess-of-wealth role as fast cars.