1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hawaii - anyone see a Prius C "in the wild" yet?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by ewaboy, Mar 2, 2012.

1. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    2nd sighting of Prius C in the wild.

@5:50 pm, Magnetic Gray Metallic C heading mauka (toward the mountains) on Keeaumoku crossing Wilder - temporary paper license plates and all.

:pout:Still waiting for mine - hope it's crossing the Pacific even as I type this.

Edited to add: Same day - about the 3rd sighting of a Prius v in the wild. Nice light blue one - the color on the tester I sat in at Servco Honolulu - didn't dare drive it as I might have just bought one on the spot.

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wish I had seen one in Hawaii, but it was actually in Fremont, CA, bright blue color. Looked really nice. first one I've seen on the road.

1 person likes this.
  3. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Today - @4:00 p.m. freeway by Ft. Shafter kokohead (east) bound.

White C zipped passed me - maybe he just picked it up from Servco Honolulu. Had those little discs on the rear bumper for the back up sensor system.

Caught up within a couple miles - Honolulu drivers know that area is always a bottle neck. :(

Gotta say, as has been mentioned by others, looks really good on the road.:)

4. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I saw my first one yesterday on the road, when I was leaving work. It was White and heading North on Kamehameha Hwy. across Wheeler AAF, between Leileihua Golf Course Rd. and H-2 Freeway underpass heading in to Wahiawa.

1 person likes this.
  5. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Dark gray metallic C spotted going Kokohead (east) bound by Ft Shafter - lost it around Kinau off-ramp.

Impression - it's kind of a tall car. Lot taller than the yellow Mustang in front of it. Dark gray metallic C looks nice - kinda distinguished even.;)

First C I've seen, other than the demo, with regular metal plates and not temporary paper ones.

6. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    ewaboy when will I be spotting you out on the road? Any news on when your car should be here?

Posted from my iPhone via the Tapatalk app.

7. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Dropped by Mapunapuna yesterday - salesman took me to their "secret" internet sales sanctum (no kidding! room reminded me of a fallout shelter) and called someone at Servco. After a short exchange - car is shipping and should arrive in the April 25 shipment. Probably be available in early May. I hope they don't lose my car somewhere.;)

They are supposed to be receiving 10 - 15 Cs per month - all reserved/spoken for till at least July.
    Saw a couple Cs on the lot but I guess they are already reserved.

Saw a few Prius Plug-Ins - nice but beaucoup $$$$$$.:eek: Did a double take at the "gas tank doors" on both sides. Maybe when I win Mega-Bucks or something...

1 person likes this.
  8. Prudence_K

Prudence_K New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I finally saw another one on the road that isn't me or my friend! A red c heading East on I-90 this morning at around 7:15. I dorked out and waved.

1 person likes this.
  9. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah - I know :wave: the feeling but I'm don't have my C yet so the driver(s) would probably think I'm crazy or a stalker.;)

10. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Silver C - early Saturday (midnight) - parked in front of Manoa Safeway.
    Paper temp plates - looked really, really nice.

First C I've seen in the valley - lots of regular Prius "hatchbacks" and at least 3 - 4 Prius v running around up here.:) Bunch of Leafs too. Waiting to see a Volt up here (only seen one Volt anywhere on Oahu so far).

11. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    See mine soonRe: Hawaii - anyone see a Prius C "in the wild" yet?

Supposed to pick up my Summer Rain tonight - did not know until a little over an hour ago.

Waiting for my salesman to pick me up at home. Traffic bad - I'm impatient. :D He's gotta fight his way through 10 miles of afternoon rush hour.

He called, ironically enough, while I was passing Servco Honolulu which is located right off the freeway in Mapunapuna.

That is all for now.

12. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Re: See mine soonRe: Hawaii - anyone see a Prius C "in the wild" yet?

Woo Hoo!!!! Pics when you get it! :rockon:

1 person likes this.
  13. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yay! Congrats!

1 person likes this.
  14. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Re: See mine soonRe: Hawaii - anyone see a Prius C "in the wild" yet?

In the Wild!! Finally got my C2!!:D Will post better pics when I have time.
    Edited to add: Odometer read "3" when I picked it up. Almost felt guilty driving it off the lot.;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

LizKauai and kkim like this.
  15. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Cograts! Hope it's everything you've wanted and have been patiently waiting for. Enjoy!!!

16. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks. Car is a lot peppier than people have been saying. Maybe it's cause I've been driving auto 4 bangers for the last 30 years.:)

The color - which I had thought might not be completely to my liking - is beautiful. Green or blue or somewhere in between depending on the light. Under camera flash it's a really pretty blue.

LizKauai likes this.
  17. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Just saw a White C at Manoa Chevron - it pulled out and headed mauka (toward the mountains). There may now be three Cs in the valley - including mine.:) In Manoa Valley - at least 3 or 4 Prius v's and countless Prius hatchbacks and a bunch of Leafs. Still no Volt.

18. Neilb9

Neilb9 Million Mile Driver

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Picked my c2 moonglow in Lihue on Kauai. Does that count?

LizKauai and ewaboy like this.
  19. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sure does!! Congrats and Kauai - for it's size - is crawling with Cs.:D

You Kauai C drivers better be careful or you'll be trying to get into the wrong cars. We ain't got that problem on Oahu - at least not yet.

20. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    So I'm waiting outside Safeway Manoa with our two dogs - lit up with doggy LEDs and waiting for their mommy to finish shopping - when a C drives right past us. Color? You guessed it - Summer Rain!! For a second I thought someone had stolen my car :eek: which we had left at home cause we wanted to walk the dogs.

C drives past, turns and disappears into the parking lot. I wanna go see it but the dogs and waiting for my wife. Then it drives up and parks not 30 feet away. Great! Then it pulls out and takes off - maybe me and the lit up dogs scared them. :)

Finally realized it wasn't my car cause it had regular (not dealer) plates and factory alloys.:D

Manoa Shopping Center must be C central. That makes three I've spotted there - silver, white and Summer Rain. If the SR is from Manoa I've gotta be careful about getting into "my" car at the shopping center - could be the "other" SR.;) Almost as confusing as all the C's on Kauai.

That is all.

LizKauai likes this.