1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HDD startup issue (blank map screen)

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by CharlesH, Sep 17, 2012.

1. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have the Advanced package, and occasionally, right after I start the car, the HDD display screen will be dark for a minute or two, and then display the map. I can go to the other screens, like Audio or the setup screens, but the map and the backup camera screens are dark. The still-functional buttons are responsive as usual (no delays/hangs). When the map finally "wakes up", it behaves normally. I don't have to do anything other than wait for it to wake up. It does this about 10% of the time. I have tried to correlate this to something, but it seems totally random. Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with hard drive or something.

Any ideas?

2. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I thought I would inquire about this again, as it is about time to take my car in for scheduled service and this is possibly an issue I would want to raise. I was wondering if any other Advanced owners have run into this situation? Note that this is not a case of lagging or slow response. The map and backup screens just simply are blank for a minute or two after starting the car, then everything is fine, and the situation only occasionally happens.

3. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I haven't seen this on mine.

CharlesH likes this.
  4. SimiPrius

SimiPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in