1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Head Gasket Bolt Failure

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Just Curious, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Just Curious

Just Curious New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    LE
    Could you send me a link to the page you're referring to? Thanks.

2. DonutRobot

DonutRobot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I am referring to the "service history" page of Toyota's website. All you need to know is the VIN# of a car and you can find the service history. It's great for checking out potential cars to buy. I found one Prius that had been in an accident and the tech remarked "not safe to drive". Needless to say I passed on that one. Go to Toyota website; Click Owners in the upper right; Login; Find the Service History link; Enter VIN; and get service history. I can't post a link here yet. (I did end up buying the Prius C with the repaired head gasket bolt).

3. Mikej

Mikej Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
  4. Just Curious

Just Curious New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    LE
    Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I've heard that others are starting to experience head gasket issue at 120,000 miles. My car had under 80,000 miles when my head bolt snapped. Must be material defect or torque issue when originally inserted.

#24 Just Curious, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019