1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Head to Head C-MAX MPG shootout vs. Prius liftback & Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Sergiospl, Feb 25, 2013.

1. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I really like the feel of the new Fords, almost leased a Focus EV but the fact i've done 24k miles in 14 months in the Prius makes an EV as a primary not worth it for me. In other words, fueled up Saturday afternoon, drove to UCLA from San Diego, downtown LA, back to UCLA, back to San Diego, and have been driving around town since then. AC set to 75 Auto in Eco mode and am sitting at 58.2 right now due to the hill I live on. Talked with a CMax SE Hybrid owner at the Starbucks across the street from Toyota's Torrance HQ and he said he has seen 45 while driving at 20-30 mph on the 405 traffic during the week in the same scenario I was getting 55

2. acdii

acdii Active Member

I do better than that in my 2010 FFH. The one thing Ford is failing to recognize on my part is the fact I own 2 hybrids, both of them Fusions, GenI and II. Now if I have no problems meeting EPA in cold weather in the 2010, why is it so difficult to match what I get in the 2010 with the 2013?

Fords response? Its not a 2010, not the same car. OK, if you say so, guess they went backwards with the new technology if it is that much more difficult to get EPA in than the older generation.

sdtundra likes this.
  3. acdii

acdii Active Member

OK, now as I scroll to the top, what do I see, an ad from Ford, Watch how the new Cmax can beat the Prius V. Um, OK, if you say so. Good, another claim that can be used against them in the upcoming CAL.

4. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wonder if it has to do with the switch from Nickel to Lithium batteries? In theory they should be more efficient and smaller but the trunk space is still somewhat compromised and the MPG hasnt really gone up

5. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    At least in a Prius, that is not a recipe for high MPG.

acdii likes this.
  6. acdii

acdii Active Member

Agreed. Here is a video I took demonstrating how it was driven to obtain 40+ MPG. Not as extreme as the SM did, I had a Semi on my tail at this time.

Feb 14, 2013 7:41am | Facebook

7. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

nope... it should be same or better.