1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Head unit (radio) replacement (found one maybe?) 2017 Prius 4

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Wraiththe, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Wraiththe

Wraiththe Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I was considering replacing my head unit with something that I could mirror my phone screen with... aka Android auto. I am concerned about the fidelity... wattage... function. I do have the high end JBL system.
    So far I have found this:

9 inch Android 10.0 For 2016 Toyota Prius Stereo (seicane.com)
    " 9 inch Android 10.0 For 2016 Toyota Prius Stereo "

From Seicane. These units are a lot more complicated than what I used to install 25 years ago. I am not even sure what questions to ask....

Has anyone tried replacing their radio/head unit??? Has anyone tried this one.

#1 Wraiththe, Sep 19, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  2. Harters

Harters Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    I too have the JBL stereo and from what I have researched so far it's a no no.

I'm in the UK so those links would not be of any use to me, but you could use the ask a question box and see what they say.

The only videos on YouTube I have seen so far have been non JBL units, I guess the additional amp it has complicates things

3. GuyKrissy

GuyKrissy New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two

4. EdwardD20

EdwardD20 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I've had this installed in my 2017 Prius 4 for about a year. Generally works well. Installation was very simply.
    Beat-Sonic Wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto for 2014-2019 Toyota models with Entune 2.0 and Entune 2.5

It's kind of weird getting used to the combination of buttons to push to engage the unit but overall I'm very happy with it.

But 1 year later, my actual radio is failing. I removed the Beat-Sonic unit and the radio is still failing. Of course it's just out of warranty.

Looking once again for options. :(

5. KRDucky

KRDucky Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Kenwood or JVC are usually my go-to brands. I used a Pioneer in my old Highlander and it kinda annoyed me over time. Especially since pioneer stopped supporting it within a year of release.

SM-G981V ?