1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight adjustment problems

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Service Bulletins - TSBs' started by dos_ruedas, Jul 5, 2006.

1. dos_ruedas

dos_ruedas New Member

Shortly after the beginning of a long trip, we realized that the headlights needed adjustment on our '05 Prius. They were far too low to safely drive at night. We chose to have the dealer adjust them during a routine maintenance visit.
    Unfortunatelly, they successfully adjusted them even lower. Now we easily drive at night with the brights on & no one notices .................. except road crossing ants & they are burnt to a crisp. The actual distance the lights shine is less than 15 feet from the front bumper.

HOW do I make this needed adjustment myself?
    Feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks for any help you can be,
    Brennon

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I see you have a package 9 and I think that means your car has HID headlights? If so there is a level sensor somewhere near the rear axle which adjusts the headlights up or down to compensate for the level of the car. These sensors have failed and can produce the problem you are having. Take it to a dealer and tell them the whole story and be sure to remind them that you have HID headlights with the sensor. There is a special adjustment procedure for them in the maintenance manual.

If you can get them adjusted and working correctly these are really great headlights.

Welcome to PC.

3. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V