1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Bulb installation advice

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by john1701a, Jan 4, 2012.

1. GasperG

GasperG Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had also some problems with passengers side, but after 6 years of ownership that is not the problem anymore. My problem is bulb longevity, I don't have dedicated DRL and must run the headlights all the time. The first pair that came with the car lasted me for four and a half years, then in 2014 I decided to buy Osram Night Brakers Unlimited, they failed after just over a month. I just replaced them with a cheap bulbs and they seem to last a little longer, then I bought Osram Silverstar 2.0 and they lasted just couple of months. Then I went with Osram Original Line, a little longer but still less than a year. I really don't know if that were all the bulbs that I changed maybe there was another one somewhere in between. :mad:

Now I have enough of this and just ordered Philips LongLife EcoVision, hopefully they will last at least a full year.