Headlight Bulb Upgrade to LED

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by dionb85, Jun 11, 2018.

1. dionb85

dionb85 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Hi guys. Long time listener, first time caller here. Pretty new owner of a brand spanking new (haha) 2012 Prius V (wagon). It has the standard headlights in it. I want to upgrade all the front headlights (brights, lows, and running lights) to LEDs. I want the look of LEDs (better sight), not doing it for energy saving.

Questions for all you brilliant prius-ers:

1) Has anyone does this sort of upgrade?
    2) What options are available? Especially in regards to LED headlights, NOT HID kits
    NOTE: Looking to stay on the cheaper side (less than $300 total for all three sets of lights)

I welcome any and all recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You would be wasting your time and money. Slapping in questionable quality LED bulbs into headlight units meant for halogen bulbs isn't going to produce results that are close to the 2015-up Prius v Five/ATP OEM LED headlights with automatic beam leveling and Auto High Beam - those were the very first headlights to earn the IIHS highest rating.. The 2012-2014 Prius v Five/ATP factory installed LED auto eveling headlights might have received the highest IIHS rating if they had had Auto High Beam.

Even if LED headlights are OEM from the factory, it doesn't mean they are going to be decent. Plenty of OEM LED and HID headlights tested by the IIHS are rated Poor or Marginal: IIHS-HLDI: Crash Testing & Highway Safety

MagnusAG99, douglasjre and ozjimjam like this.
  3. StevefromOhio

StevefromOhio Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have installed low beam and high beam LED lamps in my 2015 Prius 2. The LED bulbs are way better than the factory halogen as the road is just way brighter with these bulbs. Mine were not cheap.....$150 for low and $150 for high beams from Vleds....but it was well worth it with far better vision at night and in the rain. Well worth the upgrade.

ohdgj599 and Starship16 like this.
  4. Moh-V

Moh-V New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I believe vleds no longer carry it for prius v 2016 or maybe never had them for 2016 although i know 2015 and 2016 are the same, however I found this brand thry have low and high beam but I'm not sure how great they are, I'm trying to replace my halogen to this LED to look exactly like the one from the factory, any suggestions kr opinion on this?

Attached Files:

5. Moh-V

Moh-V New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I was also looking for this particular headlight with that LED line light like "an eyebrow" IMG_20181101_185810.png

I went to one of the dealer they can't figure out what year that headlight comes with and they told me they need a VIN number of a prius V with that headlight in order for them to get it lol

6. ohdgj599

ohdgj599 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Tesla Model S
    Model:
    N/A
    I used Silverstar headlights. They're super bright and a direct replacement. They just look like headlights though.