1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Bulb Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by 13Prius3, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Your choice, of course.

2. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    And yet I was sweating to death today in 82 degree weather as the sun beat down through the windshield. That's pretty moronic if it could be prevented.

3. 13Prius3

13Prius3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah, it can be helped but not entirely prevented. But on this site, apparently you shouldn't tint your windshield. You should leave your car alone and do what these guys want you to do. Because apparently all these guys on here know just about everything. It's not the solar heat rejection that you need to worry about but instead the IR rejection, that's where the heat is felt coming thru the glass. But what do I know? I'm just a lonely window tinter...

And as a professional window tinter, I would never use anything made by Llumar. Their products are hard to work with and their warranty is crap. If you want a great tint for a windshield, we recommend Wincos 70, or SunTek CXP 70. You get the most solar heat rejection plus over 92% of IR rejection.

And by the way, switched low and high beam bulbs to Silverstars, 100% improvement over stock. Not that we couldn't see at night before, now we can see even better.