1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Bulbs burning out after a month or two

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Service Bulletins - TSBs' started by ryankmasuda, Jan 17, 2019.

1. ryankmasuda

ryankmasuda Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi guys and girls,

I have a 2005 Prius and I’ve owned it for almost two years. Since I’ve owned it I’ve had to replace the light bulbs almost every month to two months. It’s always the low beam and it’s typically the driver side. I replace both headlight bulbs each time. Does anyone else have this issue? I’ve tried using different brands and different kelvin ratings. I know the higher kelvin bulbs typically have a shorter life span so I stay away from anything higher than 4300k. I also wear nitrile gloves when I handle the bulbs to keep the oils from contacting the bulbs.

I’ve been thinking of going to a high quality LED to see if that fixes things, at the rate I’ve been buying bulbs I could have converted to a HID retrofit a long time ago.

Thanks for any help.

iPhone ?

2. jacobbrown740

jacobbrown740 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Only convert to the HID if you want to pay $150 per bulb each year, mine would only last that long thats why i converted to halogens and can replace both for 25 bucks.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

JazzyJo likes this.