1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight colors won't match

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by prius32, Oct 18, 2018.

1. prius32

prius32 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I have a 2013 Prius Persona with regular headlights, but when I bought it just recently they didn't match in color. (Also most of my small lights like parking and front side running lights were blown)

One was whiter and one was more yellow. I thought it could be from oxidation or maybe the headlights bulbs didn't match. I bought nice new compatible led lights and noting that the ones I pulled out were identical stock bulbs that looked fine, I put the LEDs in, and drivers side is more blue than the other which is more white. SO I then restored the headlights with Maguire's headlight heavy duty kit, and the headlights look great, but still the lens around the led bulbs looks blue on the drivers side which was the brighter side when I drove it originally.

Any ideas what's wrong or what I should do? I am about to maybe take it to Toyota and see what they think.

I love the car I just got it after I was hit and my Forester was totaled.

2. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    It sounds as if one of the light was changed out -- possibly one is OE and the other aftermarket?

3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You change bulbs in pairs as the general rule.

4. prius32

prius32 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    what I meant is I changed both to led, and one side is a different more blue color.

It was different colored before with the halogens too. one side was more yellow