1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Fuses on 2014 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by markjuggles, Feb 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. markjuggles

markjuggles New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    My left low beam is out. I replaced the headlight but saw that the filament was intact on the original. It still doesn't light. The voltage is close to zero and the filament ohms are close to zero too.

So I went looking for fuses and found the "H-LP LH LO" fuse on the engine compartment fuse diagram. The only problem is that there is no fuse socket at that position and no fuse socket for "H-LP RH LO" right next to it. These are supposed to be 15 Amp fuses. There were no other pairs of 15 Amp fuses in the box.

The next step was to check the passenger compartment fuse box but it did not seem to have the missing fuses either.

Where are "H-LP LH LO" and "H-LP RH LO" located in the 2014 Prius? I see a reference to the #1 Integration Relay. Where is that? Is it a likely suspect too?

Thank you,

Mark

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    They aren’t; those markings are probably for another model that uses a similar fuse box.
    Power for the low beam headlights on both sides is supplied via the P/I 2 fuse (40 A) and the No. 1 integration relay, which is part of the engine room relay block. In parts catalog Figure 84-01, Switch & Relay & Computer, it’s shown with part name code 82641, part number 82641-47090. It’s definitely among the suspects, since it’s the first place the power takes a different path for the left and right sides.

The Repair Manual and the Electrical Wiring Diagram (more info) both show the headlight circuits.