1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Issue after purchasing used 2017

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Pyler, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Pyler

Pyler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I recently purchased a used 2017 prius 2 from a guy that buys them at auctions with slight body damage and repairs them to sell.
    I noticed the headlights were a little off after purchasing it. The driver side that had been repaired was much brighter but is probably angled down too much, and I can't really see ahead with only that light on when I'm driving in dark places. Is it possible the highbeam/lowbeams were/could be mismatched?

The passenger side keeps randomly going out, but is now completely out. I thought it could be a wiring issue? Are there any videos on headlight replacements for the gen 4?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not that i have seen. sounds like you need good body shop. any hopeful relief from the seller?

3. Pyler

Pyler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    @bisco Unfortunately no relief from the seller :\

4. Chris Rose

Chris Rose New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    Just wondering if you found a solution to the problem, I have a 2016 and the passenger light is out as well, with no power coming from the harness only on the passenger side