1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Level Sensor CONNECTOR

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by dannyv11, May 21, 2014.

1. dannyv11

dannyv11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    uploadfromtaptalk1400724418235.jpg

Hi all,

Frequent visitor and first time (or so) poster. My headlight level sensor was beyond all the repairs that are suggested here, so I just dealt with it.

Then, just the other day I came across a Doorman replacement part for $80, I purchased it and went to install it today, but was unable to connect the connector because 2 of the prongs corroded off in the connector (see picture).

Are there any suggestions for how to fix this? I went to the auto parts store and they have a universal headlight pigtail that could work if it wasn't for the tab at the bottom left of the sensor.

Could I modify the headlight pigtail to accept the sensor, or remove the tab off the sensor??

Or, is there a way to remove the pins from the connector? Needle nose and tweezers are too big to get to the broken off pins.

Any help, or direction to another thread (I have looked) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 ?

2. dannyv11

dannyv11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2006 Prius - forgot that in the post.

SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 ?