1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jared, Mar 14, 2014.

1. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Strange that they both went out at the same time.

2. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    you need small hands to get into that passenger side headlight bulb like in this video haha... glad nothing serious happened though.

3. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    On my '13 there is definitely more access on the passenger side. I guess they reworked it on more recent Priuses.

4. Magnus

Magnus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I found out the hard way the best way to change the passenger side low beam on a 2011 Prius. The area is like a little torture chamber for your hands, I'm a girl, but I don't have small hands. Taking the bulb assembly out isn't hard, but putting it back in is. I took out the bulb assembly with the harness attached, but after trying once to put it back in and failing with it attached, I watched a Youtube video where you disconnect the harness when putting the bulb back in and put the bulb in without it, after a couple of tries it went in and worked perfectly. The first time it wasn't seated properly and I thought I'd bought a dimmer bulb. The harness is very easy to connect once the bulb is seated. I guess if I had to do it again, I'd wrap up my hands with gauze or something to keep from being bruised.