1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Question 2007 With Stock HID

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by J_B, Apr 12, 2016.

1. J_B

J_B New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Wife and I purchased a salvaged prius with a rebuilt title a few months ago.
    Both headlight assemblies are damaged where they're getting moisture in it. Highbeams aren't working now.
    I took off both headlights and noticed that someone busted both of the covers off of the assemblies where you replaced the bulbs (Someone didn't notice that you screw them off) and tried sealing them up with some type of epoxy... Which didn't work.
    So, my question is would this be a direct fit for my prius?
    Ebay item # 221504691710
    Sorry, I can't link right now...

Would I run into any issues or would it just be plug and play?
    I need to replace them ASAP because of state inspection... No highbeams = fail.

2. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Yes but those eBay projector headlights are AWFUL - don't expect anything but looks from the eBay projector headlights. They may 'look' like an improvement but they will never compare to a true retrofit like mine, F8L or many others who have spent the time and effort ...and $$$ to do it the best way. Here is a thread about the quality and their install of the eBay projectors.. Projector Headlights from eBay for the Gen II | PriusChat

Yuck.. very narrow beam
    [​IMG]

The cutoff is very narrow because of cheap lens and projector bowls in the ebay lights.

You are better off buying these... and either doing a retrofit or leaving them stock.
    Headlights Headlamps Left Right Pair Set New for 06 09 Toyota Prius | eBay

Example of a true retrofit.
    [​IMG]

3. J_B

J_B New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I'm just trying to get working headlights for the car, I'm not wanting to do any type of mods.
    If I were to get regular halogen assemblies, would I have to do any type of modifications to the car's wiring to have the lights working? Both low and high beams?

If I had the money right now to purchase stock HID headlights to just drop them in, I would but sadly they're priced way too much... Just like the 12v battery was when I had to replace that last month...

4. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    J_B likes this.
  5. J_B

J_B New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have to replace the entire housings because of damage. That thread is talking about using the current HID housing and making them into halogens. I can't use my current housing.

6. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

Attached Files:

J_B likes this.
  7. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I'll keep looking when i have time..but I haven't found any info on anyone who has done the swap. Maybe you can look thru these troubleshooting PDFs and at least get your high beam working to pass state inspection.

Capture.JPG

I have attached the supporting documents..Or bite it and just buy replacement OEM HID housings.

On my car doing the retrofit i was able to tap into the existing halogen harness and do a bi-xenon projector. I'll see if I can find some pictures of the wiring.

Attached Files:

J_B likes this.
  8. J_B

J_B New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I bit the bullet and bought the assemblies and covers off of eBay.
    Should I buy the original ballasts or should I try another manufacturer?
    What about the bulbs?

Thank you all for the help and tips.