1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Question for 2011 Prius Two - US Version

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bbqnosher, Mar 21, 2011.

1. bbqnosher

bbqnosher Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    II
    Considering purchasing a 2011 Prius Two - US Version and have a very basic question regarding the headlights.....do the headlight automatically shutoff if left on by mistake? If not, is there any chime telling you the headlights are still on? The salesman first indicated yes to both questions but when we tried it the lights remained on and there was no chime to indicate the lights were still on. The salesman also indicated it may be due to the fact the car had not been prepped. The manual seems to indicate yes to the automatic shut off but that may be only on the Canadian version with the daytime running lights. Any insight would be appreciated.

2. Hokeysmoke

Hokeysmoke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, they turn off automatically. It seems like about 30 seconds after I leave my car they go out. My wife's Odyssey has a very loud beeping if you leave the lights on (they stay on), but the Prius is silent.

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There is a combination such that the lights will stay on till the battery dies. I can never remember it though. Otherwise the lights will turn off after 30 seconds (default). You can have the dealer reduce the delay to 0 seconds.

4. danvee

danvee Blizzard Brigadier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think I recall that, if you turn the headlights on AFTER turning off the car, they'll stay on until the battery dies.

Corrections welcome....