1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight question.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Reaper, May 24, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've checked the first 7 pages on this forum. I've also tried searching, but I really don't know what to type In The search bar. I have a little strip above the headlight that have little bulbs. They never come on. I've seen videos on YouTube from owners as well as videos from people just doing a video talking about the 2010 Prius and showing the features. Some of the videos they have this light stip that turns on. I can't get mine to turn on. I checked the fuses and none are blown out.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They're little nubs, they are purely cosmetic and don't light up.

Hint: use Google search with priuschat.com as one of search parameters when trying to find things.

Reaper likes this.
  3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As already mentioned, on most Prii, including your's (my first Prius was a 2010-II), those are just nonfunctional decorations.

Somewhere in here is a picture thread from someone who took the headlight assembly apart (requires baking), put in and wired up real LEDs, and successfully reassembled the whole thing. It was far more work than most of us are willing to put into it. If you want LED running lights or DRLs, it will be much easier and faster to get an aftermarket product that fits into the foglight plugs just below your turn signals.

Reaper likes this.
  4. Reaper

Reaper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the responses. I was thinking it might have been an option just for the Prius over seas.

5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They might be lit on some U.S.versions too, though without searching myself, I'm not certain. For your 2010 vintage, check first on the top trim level (V) and/or the ATP option. For later vintages, look first at the Plug-In Prius.

6. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Don't worry, I have the V with ATP, and they don't light up on mine either. They are purely decorative.