1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlights automatic operation on Prius v (lowercase v)

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Shane O'Neil, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Shane O'Neil

Shane O'Neil New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    2014 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) - have to manually turn headlights on. there is a sensor shroud on the dash but lights do not come on automatically. This is a feature I have had in previous cars, non Prius, and expected it in this one. I live in Nova Scotia Canada so this is a Canadian model. Manual is not helpful.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I just leave the headlights on to act as Daylight Running Lights (DRLs were not available on 2012-2014 v's in US) and headlights at night. The headlights will turn themselves off after an adjustable time delay (zero to maybe 60 seconds) when you shutdown and will turn on again automatically when you start up. There is a day/night sensor but it is just used on the dash lights in the US, however some have connected it to add-on DRLs here.

One problem with digital dashes on all brands is many see them on at dawn or dusk and assume their headlights are on when they are not.

#2 rjparker, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Check in "Settings" to see whether it is enabled?

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The Canadian models are different with respect to lights. The manual DOES outline functions, but you 1st have to identify which model you have.

If there's no "auto" position on the light stalk, you don't have that feature. As already posted you can check in the setup menus, but there should be something on the stalk.